Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
~*~VDRNLN JUNKIE~*~
667 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked up a set of D&D slip ons from RI1130 and just got them on, I think they sound pretty sweet...but I have had a set of SE pipes on my bike since I got it though LOL so I wasn't hard to impress :) D&D had a dyno chart and sound clip but didn't do them any justice. Here's their Dyno chart

http://s110.photobucket.com/albums/n98/gilbos440rt/?action=view&current=Video7.mp4 (sound clip,bit long wife had the cam)

Attachments

·
Movin' on....
5,297 Posts
Sounds sweet!!!

·
Registered
221 Posts
Wow, It's kind of freaky..............

Easter I purchased a used 04B model with 2551 miles on it. The bike had $7981.00 worth of bolt on extra accessories and two of those accessories were a set of D&D slip ons and the exact same Custom Radical Harley Davidson painted custom tins that you have on. I think mine are number 134/200. I kept them on the bike for about two months until I found out how much they cost and then I started getting real nervous about them getting scratched so I was lucky enough to find a set of the Orange/Yellow flamed custom tins on fleabay, brand new for a real sweet price. I put those on and stored the black, red and blue flamed radical set that we both have and I'll switch then out from time to time. It's kind of cool when I change them and it only takes twenty minutes and all of the sudden, my buddies think I bought a new V Rod. As for the D&D's, I've heard numerous pipes on V Rods and in my opinion, although there may be something out there that sounds exactly like the D&D's, I simply love those pipes. The bike was mapped to match the pipes at the stealership and I'll be honest and tell you that anyone that needs more power than that bike makes with those pipes, the SE air filter and HD mapping is allot younger than I am because the bike doesn't miss a beat and absolutely screams. Frankly, it scares the shit out of me after 5 grand in any gear. They're not to loud but certainly loud enough and provide the needed back pressure to make additional horsepower. I wear ear plugs and often ride without a helmet around town and just love the sound of them. They're loud but not irritating at highway speeds and when you get them to 8500 rpms, they sound like a symphony of horsepower that I have yet to find equal in any other pipes. Don't get me wrong though, there are certainly plenty of pipes that are louder and make more hp especially if you invest in a fueler but for me, the D&D's will certainly keep me smiling. When I figure out how to load photos to this site, I'll get some neat shots up of my bike with both sets of tins on it.
Your bike looks great and now it will sound better than ever!
Respectfully,
Ed

·
~*~VDRNLN JUNKIE~*~
667 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I worry about my tins too :) damn sweet looking they are. Gotta agree the D&D's are a perfect balance between not to quiet and not to loud :D My Tins are #79 of #200 on mine :D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts