Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Quick simple question, Does anyone know if the D&D slip on slash cut pipes have any fiberglass packing in them? I bought my 04 B with only 2500 miles on it and it had been mapped at the stealership after installing a SE air filter and the bike screams and runs flawlessly with no flat spots what so ever but it seems like the bike is getting louder
with it's current 6,100 miles on it. Other people I ride with tell me it's getting louder which really concerns me because it may be getting leaner and I don't need that stress. I plan on buying a SERT but want to wait until the winter when we have snow on the ground. Any and all help will be greatly appreciated because I really don't feel like pulling the baffles out to check on them to see if they're just plain steel or steel and fiber packing. I sure hope not!
For what it's worth I DON'T want the bike any louder than it already i
was.
Respectfully,
Ed

Attachments

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I really need help on this one..........

The last thing I want is for the bike to run lean and injure itself.
Ed

·
~*~VDRNLN JUNKIE~*~
667 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Wow..........

We have the same pipes on the same bike with the same tins. I have a set of Orange Custom Flamed Tins on right now because I was afraid of scratching the Custom Radicals you have on your bike. I will call D&D Monday. Thanks so much!
Ed

·
~*~VDRNLN JUNKIE~*~
667 Posts
I always worry about my tins and I am slowly putting another set together but I really love the Flames! (#79/200) Enough to buy it on e-bay in Montana and have it shipped to S.C. without riding...a first for me. :D worked out great though.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts