Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
P_rodz
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious as to whether anyone has tried the d&d slip-ons. I would like to know how they performed.....thanks

·
The Tin Man
2,153 Posts
Racer,
I used them and they performed OK - I had to tune with power commander to get it back into the stock /SE performance zone. They had a very agressive sound and were moderately or pretty loud. The standard Harley crowd seemed impressed and they sounded quite mean on the drag strip.
Kevin

·
P_rodz
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the information kspz3. Not sure what I'll go with as of yet.... but thanks again for the info.

·
The Tin Man
2,153 Posts
I have a slightly used set (less than a month) that I will sell if you are interested - biggest issue is type of sound that you are looking for - the D&D's tend to be aggressive sounding compared to VMod -stock or SE's. I ran 5 differant configurations and finally ended on SE VMods because they are the quietest/mellowest of the "louder" set ups - personal preference. From a performance perspective I could pretty well work with any of the set-ups and get similar results. What many people do not understand is that you could use the race tuner on stock pipes with the SE airfilter and tune it to similar performance levels to any of these other setups...but they would be quiter than most people like - and they would not sound as powerful - a major element in the seat of the pants dyno.
Best regards,
Kevin

·
Registered
257 Posts
I had the D&D slip ons installed and love them. They sound great... all my friends who initially did not like the sound of the v-rod were very impressed.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts