Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just wanted to see a thread where everyone with Fat Cat exhaust posts their experiences. Please note your complete configuration including engine size.

My bike is an 07 AW (1130cc) with Fat Cats, K&N, and PCIII. I bought the bike used but I know the parts mentioned above were installed at a HD dealer. I'm not sure which map is loaded yet but I know it was not dyno tuned. With airbox cover in place the bike runs pretty well with slight miss/surge at about 3000 rpm with light throttle. Low end seems to be lacking but I'm not sure if that's tuning related - from a hard standing start with good traction the bike bogs unless I'm starting off at about 8k rpm (practicing drag race starts) and at that point it will break the tire loose. I tried a similar start on a road with a little different surface and it roasted the tire for about 30 or 40 feet so traction must vary quite a bit between the two places.

I tried running the bike topless and it didn't run any better plus I don't think I could handle the noise without earplugs.

I don't really notice any popping on decel, just some kackling when decelerating from high rpm.

What's my next move? Should my bike bog when I dump the clutch from 6k-7k rpm? Is running topless worth the extra noise?

·
Registered
198 Posts
I'm running an 07 vrscd with a PC-V from fuelmoto with PJ's map, D&D fatcat 2-1 and it seems to be running great for about 5 months now. I dont think your bike should bog at all... might need some tuning. decel at about 5k and see if you have any popping. Some people say they are lean at about 3-5k because it's leaned out for better mileage.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm not sure what this exhaust would sound like if it's popping. My dads Virago had a noticeable pop when his emissions stuff was leaking, this bike is nowhere near that. I'd call it a deep burble with a few "pop"s here and there.

Would playing with the low end fuel trim help anything? I richened it a couple clicks and noticed the bike idled a little faster (with airbox lid on) but I ran it without the airbox lid so I'm not sure if the change helped anything.

·
Registered
198 Posts
the pre 06 bikes, the 06, 07, and 08-later all had different stock ECM configs from what I heard. Not sure how much truth there is to that but if you tried someone elses map, then try one for your year bike and see if it makes a difference. either way, you may hear a small stumble here and their from the bike returning back to idle but no pops. probably running lean. PM me your email and i'll send you my map if you want to try it.

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Anybody have a map for the D&D's, K&N, for an 08 DX?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I had a member send me a modified Louis tune so I'll give that a try. I think the airbox sound maybe has to do with my full face helmet, it was really annoying. And yes the bike falls on its face if I dump the clutch unless the tire breaks loose, sorta like my brothers CBR 600. I wasn't sure if these bikes just don't have much low end or if I should be expecting more. Depends on the pavement too, some places the tire breaks loose really easily and sometimes I can't get more than a small squeal.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.