Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:notworth: Has anyone put this exhaust on thier bike? How does it sound and did you need a power comander type device to run it. If you needed to comander can I just take the bike to my dealer and have him dyno it and not spend $200 + on a commander? ANy information I could get would be helpful, this forum is the only place I trust to get real honest answers.
 

·
Ricky Love MooreHead
Joined
·
1,440 Posts
I have D/D 2/1 on an 07 X. Not as loud as say Rineharts 2/2 or even Rinehart2/1's, but they give you HP gains Rhineharts do not. You will still need to do some type of fuel management. I have the Race Tuner. Power Commander also works. Spend some time in the EFI section of this forum and research as much as you can, before you decide. Dealers will have there preferences, buit with help from the forum members and reading, you may be able to set up a power commander yourself.

D/D have a sound of there own. Mine are loud when I hit hard, but can also be quite reasonable with throttle control. Huge difference from stock which allows me to get cagers attention when I want. Good luck and happy V-rodding.:vrod:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
878 Posts
QuickTripp said:
I have D/D 2/1 on an 07 X. Not as loud as say Rineharts 2/2 or even Rinehart2/1's, but they give you HP gains Rhineharts do not. You will still need to do some type of fuel management. I have the Race Tuner. Power Commander also works. Spend some time in the EFI section of this forum and research as much as you can, before you decide. Dealers will have there preferences, buit with help from the forum members and reading, you may be able to set up a power commander yourself.

D/D have a sound of there own. Mine are loud when I hit hard, but can also be quite reasonable with throttle control. Huge difference from stock which allows me to get cagers attention when I want. Good luck and happy V-rodding.:vrod:
what is the cheapest place to order the D&D's from??
 

·
Have Gun Will Travel
Joined
·
1,008 Posts
I have the fat cats with the quiet baffle. In my opinion, it sounds perfect, but we all have opinions about exhausts............

I hated my stock exhaust, too jap sounding.

I went to a v-modded SE slip-on, still too mellow, but better than stock.

I moved on to the Fat Cat with the standard baffle. Way too loud.
 

·
Safe and sound
Joined
·
4,589 Posts
QuickTripp said:
I have D/D 2/1 on an 07 X. Not as loud as say Rineharts 2/2 or even Rinehart2/1's, but they give you HP gains Rhineharts do not. You will still need to do some type of fuel management. I have the Race Tuner. Power Commander also works. Spend some time in the EFI section of this forum and research as much as you can, before you decide. Dealers will have there preferences, buit with help from the forum members and reading, you may be able to set up a power commander yourself.

D/D have a sound of there own. Mine are loud when I hit hard, but can also be quite reasonable with throttle control. Huge difference from stock which allows me to get cagers attention when I want. Good luck and happy V-rodding.:vrod:
:them: I love my D&D. Pics in my gallery.
 

·
Nosferatu
Joined
·
241 Posts
STEVIE-ROD said:
:notworth: Has anyone put this exhaust on thier bike? How does it sound and did you need a power comander type device to run it. If you needed to comander can I just take the bike to my dealer and have him dyno it and not spend $200 + on a commander? ANy information I could get would be helpful, this forum is the only place I trust to get real honest answers.
I have the D&D 2-1 on my bike and it sounds great...esp at higher RPMs.
I think you'll get variations on the Power Commander question, but I have used them for years in my sport bikes and now int he Nightrod. You cannot really tune the bike correctly without it. It was set up in the factory to run with the stock exhaust. When you change that, you not only change the airflow, but the way the bike runs overall. If you run too lean, you can damage the engine...if you run too rich, you'll blow black smoke and lose gas mileage. IMO, get the PCIII and have it dynoed at a dynojet facility....they can tune it to your particular bike and it'll run great.
I run this map...and it runs great....much more pull than stock.
View attachment M809-2into1.djm
Anyway...just my 2 cents....
 

·
Steve
Joined
·
177 Posts
larry273 said:
I have the fat cats with the quiet baffle. In my opinion, it sounds perfect, but we all have opinions about exhausts............

I hated my stock exhaust, too jap sounding.

I went to a v-modded SE slip-on, still too mellow, but better than stock.

I moved on to the Fat Cat with the standard baffle. Way too loud.
Larry,

Did you end up buying the quiet baffle after the initial purchase? I've tried a number of times to get D&D to give me a part number for the D-Model with the quiet baffle installed, but they never return my emails (and I've been too lazy to call). Hales & Zanotti have both stated that their data books only list the 2-1 system with the "standard" baffle.

Steve
 

·
Jack
Joined
·
377 Posts
I think I read on D&D's site that they don't sell the pipe with the baffle installed. It's purchased separately and installed by the pipe installer. I think if you search the D forum for quiet baffle you can probably get more info.
 

·
Don't think, ride.
Joined
·
752 Posts
STEVIE-ROD said:
:notworth: Has anyone put this exhaust on thier bike? How does it sound and did you need a power comander type device to run it. If you needed to comander can I just take the bike to my dealer and have him dyno it and not spend $200 + on a commander? ANy information I could get would be helpful, this forum is the only place I trust to get real honest answers.
Yep, lots of us have this pipe, check my gallery for pics. It is my favorite looking pipe because you hardly even notice it on the bike. I have the quiet baffle but it is still loud, about 120 decibels at 4K RPM and I love the sound not ear splitting, it gives a mean grunt upshifting from first to second. Yes, you will need a fuel device, I have the HD Race Fueler and it works great for me. I am not the smartest on dynos but you will need a fueler if you change the pipes. I found the cheapest to be Wisconsin HD at like $639 shipped and that was with the quiet baffle already installed shipped to my door. Do a search on Leroy Wisconsin HD and you will find a whole thread on this subject. You will need new exhaust gaskets too, those things are a PITA to keep in place during assembly, try to arrange a helper when you install it, it will make your install a breeze. You will love this pipe.
 

·
06 Night Rod
Joined
·
629 Posts
:cheers: Man this D&D fat cat sounds awsome,I got mine at WOLVERINE harley in Michigan for $625 with the quiet baffle.PM me if you need the #
 

·
Gambler
Joined
·
78 Posts
Mine just arrived from Hales HD

I got a 20% discount just by telling them I am forum member.

P/N = 649014

MSRP $684.95- 20% = 547.96 + shipping

since I had ordered other parts (also at the discount) my shipping will be slightly different but was less than $40 for everything.

Just need to get these on the bike.....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
267 Posts
Cytoviper said:
Mine just arrived from Hales HD

I got a 20% discount just by telling them I am forum member.

P/N = 649014

MSRP $684.95- 20% = 547.96 + shipping

since I had ordered other parts (also at the discount) my shipping will be slightly different but was less than $40 for everything.

Just need to get these on the bike.....
Thank you for the reference to Hales. I just ordered my pipe and received the 20% discount.

Called D&D and learned the Fat Cats for the 06 Night Rod come with the wrapped quiet baffle already.
 
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Top