Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anybody installed the D & D 2-1 exhaust system? If you have this system, what does it sound like. Can you use the sceaming eagle chip with exhaust system.

·
Color me Gone
27,333 Posts
Kit I have heard one set of these and I would assume since it is rather loud that it is much more open then a stock exhaust with less restriction so I would not plan to use a stock flash. I have also heard a couple of rumors of finish quality but this I can't confirm.

Max

·
Registered
257 Posts
i have the slip ons and they sound great

·
spit happens
5,532 Posts
What Max said.
Go to v-mod.com and click on resources,then click on v-mod files.Chopper steve has a sound byte for them.They sound alright(LOUD)but, I like my supertrapp better.

·
Registered
257 Posts
I like the supertrapps also they were my final two... Went with D&D because in my opinion the sound is deeper and sounds a bit more like a "harley" :2cents:

·
spit happens
5,532 Posts
Azslight,
Do you have a dyno sheet?D&D claim some big #'s with those pipes and the HD download.Alot of people think that they are BSing people.I just would like to know what hp you got with them. :)

·
Registered
257 Posts
vrodvinny
i had it dynoed and am going to get the sheet.. However i will be out of town until next tuesday. When i get back and get my hands on it i will let you know. :thumb:

·
spit happens
5,532 Posts
Can ya tell us v-rodders what #'s you got?
What are you using racetuner,download,pcIII,etc?

·
Color me Gone
27,333 Posts
Topless refers to the air filter housing cover being left off.

Max

·
Twisted!!!!!!!
1,471 Posts
Azslightdraw since you have them for some time now, would you post a pic now that they're broken in?
Mine are Joker's! I have some pics posted already.
If it's what they claim on the website I'm in. :rofl:

Attachments

·
Color me Gone
27,333 Posts
D&D is based out of Ft Worth and an associate of mine used to race for them. I'll ask him if he can still get any inside information from them.

Max

·
spit happens
5,532 Posts
eduarprmd,
if you remember Okie got big #'s with his force pipes.

·
Twisted!!!!!!!
1,471 Posts
Eh! Let me finish. I've always liked them D&D's.

If you get pre and post hp like that I swear on my own future grave. I'm in :lick: !

I'll say WTF and try. This is minor surgery and I'm not much into other embelishments for motorcycles :goof: .

JM's are polished, not chrome. After the JM's I haven't even cleaned mine so I don't know if some of the discoloration will dissapear with Mother's or whatever, if it does not then they are shit :tmbsdow: . Since I'm such a pig with motorcycles I'm not caring much for it. BUT I sure have learned a lot from HD people here. What's true for most here is also true for others I meet where I live. What I'm still certain of is that the look I really like is that of a short and open upswept design as in the JM's and the D&D's. Any problems with discoloration with the D&D setup? Rust?

·
Banned
1,622 Posts
vrodvinny said:
eduarprmd,
if you remember Okie got big #'s with his force pipes.
Vinny,
No offense to Okie, but those numbers are so out of line, I just don't trust them. Meaning I think the dyno is way off on it's calibration.

John

·
spit happens
5,532 Posts
I know.something is amiss

·
Twisted!!!!!!!
1,471 Posts
I'll cut it off!

·
Registered
257 Posts
my pipes only have about a 100 miles on them I just got the bike a month ago and it is 0 degrees in ohio so i have not been able to get out and ride. i can post pics if you still want them but it wont be until next weekend because i am in florida on vacation

·
Twisted!!!!!!!
1,471 Posts
Cool! Vacation.
Of course I'm interested in the pics.
Mine turned yellow after the first dyno runs. It was blue to about 3 inches out.
I just want to know if there's any discoloration, how severe, and do you consider it ugly. Wanna see the dyno sheets of course also, we kid about the numbers cause it is highly unlikely any pipe setup will get you 120hp out of the box on an otherwise stock machine. The other alternatives seem ugly in comparison with the D&D at least for me. If the hp is there and I get to believe mine are just a plain mistake I'll switch to D&D unless ST does something more to my liking. I'll probably just keep my JM setup. I'm just trying to be open minded. Really like the Joker's but since objectivity is important I'll critizise my own decisions until my very end and will very much appreciate any kind of feedback.

1 - 20 of 62 Posts