Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
You will need to change the front brake line, but everything else works. There's enough wiring, the clutch line is the same, just needs to be "untucked" a little, and the throttle cables reach although you may need to mess with them a little to get them to work properly.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Ripped from HD literature -

REDUCED REACH HANDLEBAR* – VRSCDX MODELS
With a shape designed to place the handlebars closer to the rider, this Reduced Reach Handlebar puts the rider in an upright seating position for added comfort and control. Bar provides 4" pull back and 1.5" of rise over stock VRSCDX handlebar. When combined with a Reach ® Seat P/N 52024-01 and Reduced Reach Control Kit P/N 50360-04, the VRSCDX model can be configured to provide a compact hand-seat foot relationship for the shorter rider. Satin black handlebar complements the VRSCDX’s dark side.

57466-10 Satin Black.

Fits ’06-’08 VRSCD and ’07-later VRSCDX models. VRSCDX models require the separate purchase of additional components.
57466-10 VRSCDX Black Reduced Reach Handlebar ’07-later VRSCDX require: OE Style Clutch Lines Stock
Throttle/Idle Cables Stock
Brake Lines:
Non-ABS 44736-06B
ABS models 42264-08A

·
Registered
206 Posts
It wasn't so bad - I was going to replace the brake lines with braided anyway ( I don't trust those standard "rubber" lines) - so it was only the cost of the bars.

Although I will also be changing the clutch line to braided at some point.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Are you aware of any bars that will work that will pull back more than the stock but doesn't require any cable changes. I just need about an inch to keep my roadster fairing from touching my bars.

Buying a new bar and cables after just buying the fairing isn't going to fly with the other half right now :)

·
Registered
206 Posts

·
Banned
837 Posts
You just need to replace the front brake lines.
Everything else is long enough and has enough play.
I just finished Z-bars on my 07DX.
Part # 44735-06A Reduced reach brake lines give about 2 more inches of line.
Worked perfect for me,

·
Premium Member
102 Posts
Barenaked,

I am also looking for some new bars that have approx. 2" more rise and pullback and I am having trouble finding any with those specs. I don't particularily like the looks of the reduced reach bars but it looks like i may have to go that route as well.

I am also looking at getting the roadster fairing in the near future and want my bars to work with the fairing.

I would be interested in seeing some pics of your set up after you install the bars and fairing.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Bob, I will post pics as soon as I get them installed.

They should be here later this week and I hope to get them on before the weekend. If they are not here by Friday I wont have them installed until late next week because Im going down to the beach for a few days.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Would I be able to install VRSCD bars on the DX without changing put cables?
I changed my 08 DX bars for the 08 D bars. I did not change the brake line, everything fit fine. Also the Memphis Shades fairing for the 08 Dyna Super Glide fit perfectly with no mods except removing the stock headlight nacel. On and off in about 30 seconds.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Sorry BOb, been at the HOG rally for the last few days. I got the bars installed Wednesday and everything worked out great.

With the reduced reach bars the ride is a thousand times more comfortable. It's like a whole new bike....

I'll get some pics up real soon.

·
Premium Member
102 Posts
Barenaked,

No worries, I knew you were at the HOG rally this weekend. How was it? My bike is down right now with a bad front cylinder coil pack. Failed on me thursday night on the ride home from work so I spent Friday night taking my bike apart and yest fitting the roadster fairing. A friend of mine has a nightster and is swapping his bars out for drag bars so his are available but instead of trying his and then moving on I thought I would wait until you replied with the reduced reach bars update. Sounds like they work well with the roadster fairing setup so I am anxious to see pics. I would love to not have to modify the fairing to fit bars but I am willing and able if that is the case.

That fairing looks 1000 times better in person than in pics! When you post some pics can you post some different shots and angles from both sides showing the bars and fairing together?

Thanks again and I hope you had a great weekend riding!!!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts