Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

D and R rear break pedal location

• locked up the rear tire creating a potential safety issue?

Votes: 2 6.9%
  • locked up the rear tire and lost control of the bike?

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Did the mod because of safety concern?

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No issues with pedal placement

Votes: 27 93.1%
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
WHATEVER
3,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How many of the D and R owners are concerned about the safety of the location of the rear break pedal. I researched the MOD and was surprised how many people have inadvertently locked up their rear breaks!

·
Part-time mod
10,859 Posts
Hmm, I never had any issues with mine.

·
Resident Tugboat Cpt
4,443 Posts
+2 I've never had any problems.

·
Registered
491 Posts
I haven't had that problem, however I've noticed that the brake line comes way to close to my exhaust. They could've routed the hose a little better.

·
Registered
2,809 Posts
No probelmas mang

·
Registered
317 Posts
positioned too high for me, means i catch my boot on it as i have to lift foot up to get pressure on. ALL other bikes i have ridden and owned have the pedal below the footrest.

·
Registered
59 Posts
mac53 said:
positioned too high for me, means i catch my boot on it as i have to lift foot up to get pressure on. ALL other bikes i have ridden and owned have the pedal below the footrest.
So adjust the pedal height to suit ..... just back off the locknut and wind that little sucker connecting rod in or out to move the pedal to the best position for your foot.

·
RIP ALEX
2,033 Posts
Ive locked up the rear tire before, but it sure wasnt caused from the location of the pedal.

·
Premium Member
10,801 Posts
No problems with that.?????

·
Official bike nut
1,099 Posts
I've locked up the rear tire once or twice because the rear brake pedal is just a tad close to the foot peg and my foot is alot closer to the brake pedal than on my other bike.

·
THE DORK-ROD
344 Posts
I got the grinder out and lowered mine about a 1/2 inch.

·
Thread Killer
4,567 Posts
No problems at all with mine!!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts