Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Before I installed the PCIII I thought the D and D 2 into 1 Exhaust sounded a lot louder and throatier.:) Now the exhaust, after the PCIII install, sounds whimpy.:mad: I have a dyno tune set for Wednesday. Will the specific tuning make the bike sound and perform better? or has my hearing just gotten use to the sound and I'm going deaf???

what does changing the ignition numbers on the pciii do?

·
20 Eyes in my Head
5,557 Posts
You likely just got used to it and it doesn't sound as loud...especially if you upgraded from stock to the D&D. Ihave ran about 5-6 different pipes on my 2003 VRSCA and each one of them hit a point where it seemed quieter or sounded different. My hearing ain't the best either, but it is normal. I am not sure if the fuel map makes a difference as far as sound is concerned, but I would rather have my bike be a tad quieter and running good than dangerously lean just to sound cool.

·
Loud and Proud
628 Posts
I think a bike running on the lean side may sound a little louder. If anything I think it is hardly noticeable. I have run both lean and rich maps in my PCIII. I would much rather be a tad on the rich side.

·
1130cc Ninja
3,972 Posts
i am with wild bill... you probably have the bike rich now. being rich will tone it down a little bit and change the sound a little as well.. when they get it tuned properly you will probably get that edgy sound back

·
1130cc Ninja
3,972 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm trying to upload my dyno sheets but says file is too larger any suggestions?

·
Safe and sound
4,589 Posts
Fold them in half.:stooge:

·
1130cc Ninja
3,972 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts