Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Hooligan
416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, this was on the old forum, and I got some questions about it, so here it goes again. ;)

First off, I don't know the illuminated license plate laws, so I figured better safe then sorry. The white LED light bar sets off an almost neon like glow. If you don't need a light, I'd definitely get the one DrHeathenScum has. While a bit pricey ($400), Cyril Huze one is very good quality. I did have to find a bolt 1/2" longer. Wiring was easy, I got some black plastic conduit from the HD dealer cheap.

Cyril Huze vertical side license plate mount

·
Banned
12,582 Posts
IMHO I don't think that would fly here in Vegas because you can't read the full plate very well!:( Maybe My Bud Zeeman can take a look"he's the LAW" and tell us what he thinks.I think it makes the Stink Bug rear end way to noticable also! It is different so it gets Style points for that!;)

·
Hooligan
416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
DrHeathenScum - anything else you would like to see in a side mount plate?
Maybe a little closer to the bike, but not much. I personally HAD to have the LED bar (which I recently found at J&P Cycles :( )

Yes, $400 was too much. The piece itself is flawless, but I did need a longer bolt, which was very easy to find.

As for the "big plate in a little coat", WI is going to the smaller plates, so I won't have to get a 3 digit vanity plate, I can get "U SUK" now!:diablo:

·
Registered
305 Posts
I got a similiar plate from Breathless for $195. Can't comment on the a comparison of the two but mine looks very similiar to BT's. And Kaz is right. In any State the plate must be clearly visiable. Here in NV our lettering looks a little smaller. My "VROD" plate is plain as day.

Zeeman :)

·
Registered
86 Posts
New Side License Plate Mount

I just found out about this side mount license plate holder. Their website is www.rmdbillet.com but this is not shown on that site. They have a version with a license plate light coming out in 4 - 6 weeks. This version only costs $175.00. Maybe these guys can become forum sponsors.

·
If You Ain't Cav...
2,069 Posts
Justinh,
That looks like a great product! Thanks for the info.

Mike

P.S. This forum currently does not have corporate sponsorship. Members are able to donate to Max if they wish, but to keep the "freedom of speech" we all enjoy on the VRFs, we try and not mix business with posting!

·
Registered
424 Posts
V-ROD SIDEMOUNT PLATE HOLDER

Justin -

Thanks for taking the time to post our product info!! Much appreciated. RMD BILLET, INC. will be bringing a lighted version of this plate to market very soon - before December 1st. Some owners want a light, some don't really care. The price will jump some from the current $175 but will still be a steal compared to the $400 price tag on other plate holders. This product literally only takes minutes to install (it will of course be a bit longer if you are wiring for the lighted version) and needs no extra hardware. If anyone has any questions or ideas feel free to email me at [email protected].

Jason

·
Banned
1,622 Posts
Hi Jason,
I'm glad you found this place. However, I really hope you have something to offer other than peddling your product here. Your first post being just that, doesn't go over very well.

Best regards,
John

Edited: There was a post above mine from the seller of the product Justin was referring to. It was deemed to be inappropriate as it was just product information in a sales format and the first post here by him. This section is NOT a place for vendors to peddle there wares! Sorry if my post didn't seem to make sense, but hopefully now it does.

John

Edited by Max

John I apologize but now that Jason has made a formal introduction I restored his thread. I hope you don't have a problem with this. In the end it is the moderators call I was just here at the time.

Max

·
Banned
12,582 Posts
Oh John you are to Nice!:sinister:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts