Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently moved to an old house that doesn't have a garage only a car port. I'm planning on parking the bike underneath the carport in the summer but want to cover it to protect it from the elements and from prying eyes.

After doing some research I decided to purchase the CycleShell. There are many similar products but I like the design and the fact that it's portable so that I can fold it up and put it in the shed in the winter to make room for my car.

Well, I emailed CycleShell and received an email that next day receiving an email that shipping is $120 to Canada plus a $40 VAT fee and that I would need to pick up the product at one of their shipper's depots. I responded back asking if there was another shipping option because I will pay $120 if I need to but at that price I need it delivered to my door. The closest depot is 45 minutes away plus I wouldn't be able to fit it in my car.
Well, I never heard back from Mark (I think he's the owner and a 1 man shop). Days pass and I email again expressing my interested in purchasing a solution and wanting to discuss if there is an alternate shipping method other than D.B. Schnecker (who I have not heard of before). No response.

I even called and left a voicemail re-stating my interest and nothing.

Is this guy not interested in selling his product???
If he's not willing to be flexible in shipping methods how about a courtesy email???

After a quick search it seems that others have not gotten emails returned and have thus bought other products.

I'm not sure how companies like this stay in business!!

·
Registered
24 Posts
yea, i know how that is. I got my cycleshell from Mark and he is really hard to get answers from. His customer service skills kinda sucks. now having sad that, the cycleshell is definitley the way to go my nrs has been stored all winter in it buried under snow clean and dry. The freight company d.b. shenker is a commercial freight company that is most likley by an airport in your area you can pick it up there with no issues.

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yea, i know how that is. I got my cycleshell from Mark and he is really hard to get answers from. His customer service skills kinda sucks. now having sad that, the cycleshell is definitley the way to go my nrs has been stored all winter in it buried under snow clean and dry. The freight company d.b. shenker is a commercial freight company that is most likley by an airport in your area you can pick it up there with no issues.

Thanks for the post Rich. As nice as a product it seems to be it's kinda hard to purchase when the vendor doesn't return your call or emails. :chair:

I found another cover I think I am going to go with made by Speed-Way Shelters.

·
MOCO Bastard Child
227 Posts
isn't it bizarre how customer service is subjective from one person to the next. I literally just got off the phone with mark at cycleshell. I just picked up the phone and called he answered on the third ring. last winter we got hammered with snow and one of the rods bent to the point where it broke the tube holding it in place and actually tore through the side of my shell. i took out the rod and duck taped the hole shut, but one thing led to another and i never got got around to calling mark until today.

I wanted to ask how much replacement parts would be but when I explained what happened, he said he would send new tubes, rods and a patch kit for free. thats great customer service. I'll be buying a second cycleshell from him in the near future.

sorry about your bad experience, I too have had bad experiences with vendors who are highly regarded here. I guess when you are dealing with a small business that is doing a lot of volume it can be hit or miss sometimes.
rat

1 - 4 of 4 Posts