Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
RollinJoe, I pm'd you
I have a new Cycle Visions fender extension, and the saddlebag brackets, new as well, in black. Also have the fairing mount and floor board kit, also all in black. I am willing to sell all, or part of what I have, very reasonably.

still have left winter? pm me i think i tried your number before

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
My problem is I try to do things on the cheap. I decided with this conversion I would use all new parts and pieces even a new Harley fairing. I don't particularly like the way the rear fender extension looked but didn't want to run into PROBLEMS retro-fitting something else on the bike, so I spent a little extra. If I remember, everything with the Cycle Visions kit bolted to the existing bolt holes and shock mounts. My advice is to do what you feel comfortable doing to the bike. Some guys know how to weld, I don't own a welder and don't know how to weld etc. Hope I've answered your questions, if not keep on asking. There is no dumb question. Once you get your conversion finished and are riding it on a regular basis, you will love the way it handles and looks. I love mine.
i just noticed something on the fender, do cycle visions fenders bolt onto the stock fender on my vrod?

·
Registered
21 Posts
i just noticed something on the fender, do cycle visions fenders bolt onto the stock fender on my vrod?
The Cyclevisions rear fender extension actually mounts to your rear fender support. You'll need to drill two holes in it to mount the extension. The rear fender itself will be unmodified. Here is a link to the page where you can download the installation instructions for the saddlebags/fender extension. It has some pics that may be helpful.

https://www.cyclevisions.com/products/road-rod-saddlbebag-mounting-kit

21 - 23 of 23 Posts