Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone! I'm glad to have found your website and talk to other V-rod enthusiasts. V-rods are a wonderfull edition to Harley- Davidsons line up. I wanted to introduce myself as a V-rod enthusiast and a developer of accessories for the V-rod. Check out our website www.cyclevisions.com and let me know if you have any questions. Ride safe and ride often! Cyclevisions

·
Banned
12,582 Posts
I'm not the Touring type but really liked your set up!Can you fit a 240 under it though?:cool:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Additional fuel cell

Hi, ther is a company developing an additional fuel cell and testing it right now. It fits under the air box around the air filter element. I'm awaiting more testing from the company to promote it. I expect it next summer. All products have to go thru alot of testing to be DOT approved. I'll keep everyone imformed!
Ride safe and ride often!
Randy

·
Riding around
7,736 Posts
HOORAY, Randy! That's EXCELLENT news!!! Be sure to let us know right away when you hear anything further.

And, btw, welcome to the site.

:)

Val

·
Black Beauty Rider
92 Posts
Welcome Randy and that is great news on the additional fuel cell. I'm so looking forward to more miles between fill ups! Do keep us posted ..............
Fred

·
1,738 Posts
Randy: Welcome to the forum. I and other members use the V-Rod as a touring bike, and I admire what you have done with the Road Rod.

I third the need for an additional fuel cell. Have you seen, or heard, any of the details of the airbox cell being developed (capacity, appearance, etc)? (The European one pictured above is ugly as sin) If it does not ruin the lines of the bike and is reasonably priced, they will sell. Try and get the marketing rights.

Also, your passenger peg relocation kit appears to requre a low exhaust system like the Supertrapp for the right peg to clear. Does the stock system, or in my case the HD 16 guage SE, allow enough room (from eyeballing it it would seem not). If not you should design an extension that clears the pipes. I would pay the $250.00 if I did not have to fork over another $500.00 or so for a new exhaust.

Fred

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Passanger foot peg relocation

Hi Fred,
The passanger relocation cannot be used with stock exhaust....however we are making another relocation kit that will work with stock exhaust. It will be available around the middle of December. I will have some proto-types available at the end of next week if you want to try a set.
Randy

·
Premium Member
13,343 Posts
re: new relocation kit. Pictures - we want pictures. Great news. I have recieved the choppersteve ratcheted ones, but unfortunately they are in a box in the attic and I won't get to mount them till 12/26.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

I will send post some pics next week on our website.
Randy

·
Color me Gone
27,333 Posts
Randy you can feel free to post the pics here or in the gallery.

Max

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

Ok I will post them at both places!
Thanks
Randy

·
1,738 Posts
Daniii: I have a funny feeling that you will be sending the ratchets back to steve, so I would in fairness to Steve have your wife give them to you now. Also, Steve may object to over 30 day return. They are too expensive to keep in your extra parts bin. Plus, I think that Robins mounts are probably the best location.
Fred

·
Yeah, but what if...
4,714 Posts
There was another picture I have seen of a fuel tank cell where the aircover is. It was black and no where near as ugly as the one above, it was in the same thread on the VTF I think. Can antone find it?

·
Premium Member
13,343 Posts
V-Fred - I snuck them out of the box. They may have to go back. BTW, anyone have a 9mm allen wrench. WTF is up with that? I thought I had one of every size allen in my forever tool box, but no!

·
Premium Member
13,343 Posts
Whatever size it is, I don't have anything close enough. I'm off to the hardware store today. I'm giving them about 50% chance of success. For sure I'm going to replace the keyed pivot with a bolt and lock all the pivots down. With the Kuraykin mini boards I have three pivots! One is sufficient.

·
Registered
424 Posts
cyclevisions said:
Hello everyone! I'm glad to have found your website and talk to other V-rod enthusiasts. V-rods are a wonderfull edition to Harley- Davidsons line up. I wanted to introduce myself as a V-rod enthusiast and a developer of accessories for the V-rod. Check out our website www.cyclevisions.com and let me know if you have any questions. Ride safe and ride often! Cyclevisions
Hey Randy -

Welcome to the site. Nice to see more and more companies everyday coming to the forefront and stepping into the V-ROD aftermarket. Checked out your site tonite - some very kool looking stuff. Do you make all of your products in-house?

·
Premium Member
13,343 Posts
Update on allen wrench: I took the bolt to the local hardware store. It seems that it is a very tight 3/8 allen. I found a 'ball end" allen that fits, but the standard allens did not! May be a chrome problem. I'll report on the ratchet extensions tonight!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts