Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys,
I'm having a lot of problems getting this kit to fit correctly on my 2008 VRSCAW and was just kind of curious to see if I'm the only one. Just a couple of the problems I'm facing are...

The tops of my bags lean way out from the bike unless I space the top mounts inward with lots of fender washers.

The left bag sits lower than the right bag to the point that the lid contacts the left shock.

With that bags mounted, I can put the front bail bolts in, but can't adjust the rear mounts far enough to line up with the holes.

...and yes, I DO have the left and right bars on the correct sides.

So, if you HAVE had any of these problems, I'd be curious to know what you did to correct them.

Thanks,
Russ

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
1. #32 How the bags look without using washers to space the upper mounts inward. The tops of the bags tilt out away from the bike. Mounted according to the directions with not other parts.

2. #47 Best I can get them using lots of fender washers to space the mounts more inward.

3. #45 How I need to space the mounts inward using the washers...This is AFTER putting the Harley bracket on the INSIDE of the CV bracket. The directions actually want it mounted on the outside of the bracket...the way they are in the first photo.

4. #37 Rear hole not lining up with HD brackets at the end of their adjustment.

5. #50 The left bag lid contacting the shock.

Attachments

·
Dtown's Mobile Tech.
901 Posts
I never could get ours to fit right using the stock brackets the way the instructions said. I made something work for it but have plan on changing that if i keep the bike to make a custom bracket to hold the bags.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts