Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was in Daytona and I saw this system and figured it may be a nice set up for cruisin arouns at low speeds so I got it installed.

·
Livin the dream
261 Posts

Hmmmm... this pic kinda makes them look like tits on a fat chick... :hidesbeh:

How do they sound?

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I originally wanted the 2-1/2" speakers..somthin smaller. I wasn't even sure they would fit. They only had chrome in the smaller size. I went with the 3" and they actually fit. The sound is pretty impressive. They get pretty damn loud. The web site hypes it up a bit.

I didnt get them for highway cruising. I use sound isolating ear buds with my iPod and that works perfect. It helps with the wind roar on my ears.

The speakers work great on my bike up to around 40-50 MPH. Sound quality is pretty good. Obviously lacke bottom end punch..but I can tell those things try to put out some bottom because I can feel the vibrations in the handlebars.

As far as M...I..C... Nothin' like pullin up on a sinister Black NRS with AC/DC "Back in Black" blastin'

·
Montate aqui!
688 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
have been trying to figure out how to put speakers on. I can't find any that have the quality that I want. Is the quality really that good?

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
These are the 200 watt speakers. I use my iPod for tunes. I know SONY makes a very small radio that will probably work. I think anything taht uses the 3.5mm plug.

All I can say about the sound is that I liked the way it sounded when I saw the display at Daytona. So I knew what I was getting. Sitting still with the bike off it sounds pretty damn good and can get obnoxiously loud. Mind you loud does not always offer the best sound quality. With the bike on and the volume at a reasonable level, it sounds down right sweet. It's nice if your sittin around in a group and want to hear some tunes.

As far as riding. I have pretty loud V&H Comp exhaust. Idle..I can hear the tunes great and do get lots of look from people in their cars...so yes, it can be heard by others.

Cruising at 50mph and under..I can hear it well enought to enjoy the tunes. Faster that that , wind noise drown out most of the sound INHO. I can make out what song is on, but not really enjoy the music. I'm sure a fairing that deflects the wind off of you would allow you to hear it just fine.

I really am into music, so yeah there is a slight lack od bottom and bass. But it's not overall "tinny" As I said, sittin with the bike off, the sound is pretty impressive.

Down where I live the Baggers with big boomin sounds systems in the bags with sub woofers and large speakers are all the rage. It you are looking for that kind of sound with these, forget it. I knew that goin in, I just wanted some tunes for cruising at the beach and in town. I didn't want something too noticable and to me it looks better in person than in the pics I posted. So far I have nothing but positive comments. And yes their are some that just don't want any more crap on their handlebars..It works for me.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts