Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
that was'nt the question. the CX is 123 and $19995 MSRP I can get a 08 DX rated at 125 for $16675. Looks like I will have to go black.

·
VRSCX #395
206 Posts
yeh 2 hp would make my mind up too, i bought the cx my fist rod for its kick ass drag bike theme, the 1250 se motor was a bonus i would not have cared if it had 100hp, buy the bike that grabs your attention there is a wealth of information on this forum to get as much hp as you want.

·
Registered
263 Posts
H-D never published numbers for the X on HP, torque was published as 86ftlbs at 7000 RPM... The HP on the X is more than 125, due to the tune vs the 2008...

The price difference is in the limited edition of 1400 and the paint...

·
**RodhscR**
532 Posts
locked488 said:
So you think all things being =. a stock 07 CX would walk away from a stock 08 DX?
There is no such thing as one stock V-Rod "walking" away from the other. They are so close to equal that it comes down to rider and mods. IMO

·
Registered
5,869 Posts
CX cost more $$ because of chrome and its limited edition status. The CX and DX models look different and have different ergonomics. Buy what you like, not based on percieved minute performance differences.

·
Registered
263 Posts
The CX may have a slight edge, it would depend on the rider... Like Steppenwolf said it is down to style and ergonomics... However you will not see yourself coming and going with the X, I see DXs all the time here in Miami, other than mine have not seen another X on the road...

·
Ricky Love MooreHead
1,440 Posts
cortc said:
The CX may have a slight edge, it would depend on the rider... Like Steppenwolf said it is down to style and ergonomics... However you will not see yourself coming and going with the X, I see DXs all the time here in Miami, other than mine have not seen another X on the road...
Same here in Nashville, There is another, SuperBud has one and I hear a dealer in the area has another. But there won't be many, not like the DX.

·
Registered
264 Posts
locked488 said:
that was'nt the question. the CX is 123 and $19995 MSRP I can get a 08 DX rated at 125 for $16675. Looks like I will have to go black.

Buy what you like.
They are completely different bikes in looks, ride, and ergo. I didn't pay 3k and fuss over 2 hp (and Im willing to say that the other 1400 X'ers didn't either). I bought it for what it looks like. 2 hp is realistically not much unless you are going to race it and that is neglegable.

488 - Just buy what you like, make it yours via :broke: and make it look like you want it to look...oh and then ride it....alot.

·
Registered
263 Posts
locked488 said:
That is not the HP rating of the X, it is more like 128 and with a pipe, a/c and tune should be around 138...

·
Registered
66 Posts
don't worry about what is printed on paper. the X will smoke A dx and any other v-rod. just get on and hang on cause your in for a ride!

·
Warlock Guy
0 Posts
I don't mean to upset anyone here, but I found a dealer this week that sold me #906 for $16,999. Before you decide to spend a few dollars less for a 2008 non-CX, check Cycle Trader Online. You may find a great deal to get what you really want. Just my .02.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
my dealer is holding strong at 22275 OTD, so I am still waiting, if it does not drop by the time the 08's arrive, I guess I will buy a DX.

·
Registered
263 Posts
robert.clark2 said:
I don't mean to upset anyone here, but I found a dealer this week that sold me #906 for $16,999. Before you decide to spend a few dollars less for a 2008 non-CX, check Cycle Trader Online. You may find a great deal to get what you really want. Just my .02.
What was the price out the door, that is what counts...?

·
Warlock Guy
0 Posts
I don't have an OTD yet because I am getting some accessories added before it is shipped to Texas. However, they are selling the bike for $16,999 with no additional fees for set-up, etc... A dealer in Paris, TX just sold one a few days ago for $17,999. Keep looking, if it is a CX you really want.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts