Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got a 05 CVO in April. Made 113 rwhp on a dynojet at the stealer. Thoght it would be more. Getting 31-34 mpg. Any thoghts? Fellow CVO owners? New battery solved a couple things. Just sprung a slight breather leak, rear tube? Put 2500 or so on her so far.

·
Registered
404 Posts
Normal

Got a 05 CVO in April. Made 113 rwhp on a dynojet at the stealer. Thoght it would be more. Getting 31-34 mpg. Any thoghts? Fellow CVO owners? New battery solved a couple things. Just sprung a slight breather leak, rear tube? Put 2500 or so on her so far.
113 RWHP is in the average ballpark. Especially if you don't have an aftermarket exhaust system or tuner (SE tuner, TTS, ThunderMax, etc., etc.), 113 RWHP is a respectable number.

·
Registered
4,086 Posts
I would have thought more. From what I've been told the se versions came with the SE2 cams as well as being 1250cc. I've not confirmed the cams, however.
Ron

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Rbabos, that's what I thought. Hopefully someone else will comment. I'm putting a power vision on Santa's list if that's the right tuner.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Not sure on cams, SE exhaust is on it, looks like k&n, otherwise stock air cleaner. Serious decel popping. Wonder if the PO had it tuned.

·
Registered
404 Posts
More Info

Not sure on cams, SE exhaust is on it, looks like k&n, otherwise stock air cleaner. Seious decel popping. Wonder if the PO had it tuned.
OK good...more info. If you have a SE exhaust and K&N filter and you have a lot of decibel popping I'd say you should have a good tune done to it. Are you running topless? Probably not if you're saying stock air cleaner. Do you know if it was ever dyno tuned or had a SE tuner or other aftermarket tuner? If it had a Dynojet PC-V you'd see it because it's a piggyback type tuner. If you had a performance tuner with the other mods you'd likely get around 120 RWHP more or less.

·
Registered
4,086 Posts
Not sure on cams, SE exhaust is on it, looks like k&n, otherwise stock air cleaner. Seious decel popping. Wonder if the PO had it tuned.
Due to the minimum kpa autotune restrictions in the software, seldom will any device , be it TTS or PV set correct afr in decel areas. Decel popping is almost always addressed with manual edits either an afr increase in the rpm/kpa area or increased timing or both. PV for example will not sample below 20 kpa and all kpa in decels are below that, usually 15-10.3 kpa with full closed throttle. V rods generally idle in the 24-30 kpa range and the low limit is set for data collection to prevent bad decel data influencing the ve. Some tuners just don't understand that so there are a lot of bad tunes out there. This is more of a road tuning issue then a dyno where load should always be present. Even light load coasting data should not be used developing the ve tables. Your tune could be fine and just incomplete in the decel regions or the tune is overall crap. PV is a great tuner, if that's the plan but keep in mind if you don't have O2 sensors or a means of sniffing the exhaust, it will be pretty much useless. No sensor data can be collected to refine the tune, is what I'm saying.
Ron

·
Premium Member
1,517 Posts
1250 Hp & Tq numbers

Here's some numbers from one of my 3 ring binders of 1130cc.com research -

H-D 1250 Kit Catalog Propaganda 115 hp / 81 Tq. (+ 10-12 Hp + 9-15 tq. approx. )

'06 S/E STOCK pre -tune 104.27 hp / 74.66 tq post tune 110.89 hp / 78tq

'05 S/E D&D 2-1 pre 118 hp / 81 tq post 119 hp /84 tq

'06 S/E V&H 2-2 Powershots topless S/E SERT post 120 hp / 83.41 tq

'06 S/E Rinehart 2-1 124.64 hp / 86.01 tq

1250 S/E Intake Cams advances cam timing 5-6 degrees, same lift & duration, Less Hp, More Tq as compared to Cams in the 1130 engines.

1130's run about 101 hp / 67 tq Stock on to 118 hp 82 tq with a Bub 7 2-1, up to 127 hp 78 tq fully modified

I'd say your engine is about right for stock, just needs a good tune to kill the decel popping probably pick up a few Hp as well - :blahblah: :D

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Been a while. I got the PV1B, Autotune Pro, and Bassani Road Rage all installed a couple months ago and ran 10 or so autotune runs with the wide bands. The bike has picked up noticable power increase. Lifts front wheel now on hard acceleration. Very happy with the autotune wide band o2 sensors process. Going to Throttle City soon to see what they think.

·
Registered
434 Posts
Realistcally the SE cams are retarded 4 degrees
(Moved the powerband 500 rpms later)

·
Premium Member
1,517 Posts
Sounds great Moosecapades, did you disconnect the Wide Bands after the 10 runs to lock in that tune or leave them connected ? JJRod - I thought the revised intake cam was to put out more torque at a lower Rpm, not more Hp at a higher Rpm ?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Auto tune is still hooked up, waiting for some hot weather to do a hot weather tune. I can save multiple tunes for use according to weather. Once that's done I'll take the bike to Throttle City in Bristol and see what they think; they have a good reputation with the Power Vision.

·
Registered
434 Posts
The 1250 had more torque than 1130 and later cam gave it more hp on top end. Otherwise if the cam was advanced, the engine would run out of peak power sooner than the 1130 stock would.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts