Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just rode a new cvo softail convertible with a 110 cu in. The bike seems to pull really hard, much more than the 96 I had. How will if fare against my muscle in a quarter mile? My muscle is stock. Very nice ride, but should be at 30 grand!

·
Banned
8,925 Posts
I just rode a new cvo softail convertible with a 110 cu in. The bike seems to pull really hard, much more than the 96 I had. How will if fare against my muscle in a quarter mile? My muscle is stock. Very nice ride, but should be at 30 grand!
Indeed the V will smoke it no questions asked. I have a Softail Deluxe and love it, when I saw that CVO convertible I orgasmed severely... What a beautiful elegant bike!!!!:notworth::notworth::notworth:

·
caferacer
5,686 Posts
Indeed the V will smoke it no questions asked. I have a Softail Deluxe and love it, when I saw that CVO convertible I orgasmed severely... What a beautiful elegant bike!!!!:notworth::notworth::notworth:
This one sold today out of Frederick, Maryland.
Lot's of chrome and alligator seat. Whoopie. ...here's your hardon.
Now called "the Breakout ".

Attachments

·
Banned
8,925 Posts
What did that nitemare sell for? $30k?
Probably... :hidesbeh:

Nice as it is I'm not a big fan of that one except for the wheels, they're pretty cool. The one that kills me is this one, definitely no justice on pics as it is in person

·
Registered
4,890 Posts
Don't know about the epa 110 but I really have to wonder if my light fxstc would smoke a rod. The 120ci is some serious engine. Having ridden the newer 2012s I went looking for the differences. Down low my softail would smoke it. Once the rod hits 5k the pull was equal or better. Really hard to say but I feel it would be damn close in the quarter. Torque in the 120ci is relentless. The big difference I felt was way smoother ride on the rod but much more heavy on corners and switchbacks compared to the fxstc.
Ron

·
Sanctimonious
44,118 Posts
If you are seriously looking for "Speed" at $30k you are going to have to compare to Other $30k bikes; heres what you get from Another Co:

"Engine
The 2-cylinder engine in the 2012 Ducati Superbike 1199 Panigale S Tricolore has a displacement of 1198 cc, which is significantly larger than the average for all Sport Bike Motorcycles.

Power
The 2012 Ducati Superbike 1199 Panigale S Tricolore has a peak power output of 195 HP, which is 30% more than the average for all Sport Bike Motorcycles.

Dry Weight
The 2012 Ducati Superbike 1199 Panigale S Tricolore weighs 367 lbs, which is 1.6% lighter than the average for all Sport Bike Motorcycles.

Price $27,500 "

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
I've loved the "softail" style HDs since I bought this one new back in 1984. Selling price was $8500. And more than once I would get on it and run it out of gas before thinking about stopping.

I sometimes think I should build one with a few extra cubes and a 6 speed for long rides.

I put a set of low rider wheels and a little taller rear tire on it and that thing rode and handled pretty good.

·
Sanctimonious
44,118 Posts
I've loved the "softail" style HDs since I bought this one new back in 1984. Selling price was $8500. And more than once I would get on it and run it out of gas before thinking about stopping.

I sometimes think I should build one with a few extra cubes and a 6 speed for long rides.

I put a set of low rider wheels and a little taller rear tire on it and that thing rode and handled pretty good.

I love bikes with white letter tire, wish Hoosier made tires for my bike and car

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
I love bikes with white letter tire, wish Hoosier made tires for my bike and car
Both tires were Dunlops but only the rear came with the white letters. I used a paint marker to make the front match.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts