Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
spit happens
5,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to lower the bike over the winter.I don't want to get the progressive shocks$$$$$.I read that there is someplace that will do it.But I don't remember the name.
Does anyone know?

·
Banned
1,307 Posts

·
Ironbutt
886 Posts
I have a pair of stock shocks, I will sell and send to skullent. You will have no down time and then you can sell yours and so on.

·
If You Ain't Cav...
2,069 Posts
VRSC,
You should also post this info in the classified section!

Mike

·
Registered
203 Posts
does this effect handling ???

This looks like something I'd be interested in doing -

Just wondering if shortening the rear shocks will noticeably effect a V Rod's handling ?

Would it be better to also lower the front of the bike, and if so, how would a guy do that ?

Thanks for any info,

EE

·
spit happens
5,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
VRSC

I sent you a pm.

·
spit happens
5,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
VRSC

What condition are your shocks?
How many miles?

·
Ironbutt
886 Posts
Vinny, I just replied to your PM.

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
Thought about lowering mine, but I have scraped one of the pegs without lowering! :(

I think that I will keep the stock height!

-Bry

·
Hooligan
416 Posts
I decided to go the Progressive route because I was told the ride will be better, even with an inch lower. Damn, he was right. Maybe I didn't have my stock shocks on the right setting, but with the Progressives on the softest setting, the ride is smooooth, and I haven't bottomed out. Just my :2cents

·
Registered
34 Posts
BikerTrash1130 said:
I decided to go the Progressive route because I was told the ride will be better, even with an inch lower. Damn, he was right. Maybe I didn't have my stock shocks on the right setting, but with the Progressives on the softest setting, the ride is smooooth, and I haven't bottomed out. Just my :2cents

which progressives did you buy? 440s?

·
Registered
15 Posts
jcolodny said:
Cutting down shocks about 1 1/8"
MB Products
$69.00 (includes return shipping)

http://www.skullent.com/welcome_to_mb_products.htm

I haven't used them, but heard from somebody who did that is was a good way to go.

John
i just bought 1.5" lowering shocks for my vrod..what about the front shocks? Is it dangerous to ride with the "chopper effect" and can I just adjust the sliders down 1.5"? please email me with any response at [email protected]

1 - 14 of 14 Posts