Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Fire Investigator
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what tools are needed to get rid of that ugly mess?. First bike!! I a little whimp ouch! ouch! Ouch! :ithappen:

·
Registered
148 Posts
ther is many a thread with great detail on how to remove dogs a$$. Do a search and you should be able to find everything your looking for, tools and all.

·
Avenger Hawk
635 Posts
You could do a search or I'll answer your question right here:

I cut the plastic around the rear turns with a dremel tool, sold the turns on e-bay for $25, and covered the license plate with a chrome cover.

I cut the saddle bags bracket off with a hacksaw (about 2 hours of work). I couldn't find the tool to change the heads on my brothers 4 1/2" grinder, if you use the grinder it's about a 30 second job (just don't forget to protect everything from the sparks).

·
I seek only water...
1,029 Posts

·
Craig Fehr
2,506 Posts
I used a jigsaw and then an oscillating sander for the dogs ass. For the tabs (saddle bag brackets) I used a hacksaw and then a file to clean it up. I also painted the tabs where I cut them to prevent rust and clean it up a little. All in it might have taken an hour to cut and clean up both - not including taking off and re-installing the fender.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts