Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seen a few of you guys with your stock seats cut down. Thinking about doin it myself.
My question is-did you do it all yourself? Or take it to someone?
Any pics of your seat would be cool also
Thanks

·
Elephant Motors Rock
3,505 Posts
Mean City Cycles does great custom seat work at reasonable prices. They reworked and re-covered my seat and pillion. Pics in my gallery.

·
RODS ROCK!!!
93 Posts
No doubt take it to a perfessional. I did mine but I build and manufacture custom upholstered furniture for a living. The seat was a pain. Turned out great but let somone else have the headacke. If they know what they are doing it will be well worth the money.

·
2009 VRSCAW
272 Posts
What exactly does reworking the stock seat achieve?
I'm trying to get more leg room so it would be nice if it moves you back a bit. Also, not to be nitpicky but it appears the riders seat has a few wrinkles in the cover. Is this an optical illusion or is the seat cover loose in those areas?
Many thanks in advance.

Mean City Cycles does great custom seat work at reasonable prices. They reworked and re-covered my seat and pillion. Pics in my gallery.

·
Elephant Motors Rock
3,505 Posts
Check the website. I had them move me down and back as far as they could and still keep the seat comfortable. THere are some pics in my gallery - any pics since '09 have the new seat.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts