Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, just set up my race tuner and tried #61 on the file. It pops and crackles between 4-5 and runs like crap. Well how do I cut and paste my buddies 06 map for my 07 bike? Can I even do that? I'm running K&N, semi-topless, vmods. THanks a million and free cold beer to the man that provides any advice. Once again thanks!
-Blane

·
STEALTH-ROD
63 Posts
spreadsheet

You have to use a spread sheet program like microsoft excel. Open each table in your buddies map one at a time highlight all the sells and copy and past them into the spread sheet. Once you have all the tables into the spread sheet then open a map that is compatible with your bike and reverse the process. copy and paste all the individual tables back to your compatible map then save as and download to your bike.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Good deal, one question...the RPM's are different between 06/07. 06 goes to 11000, the 07 looks like it only goes to 9000. Any suggestions?

·
STEALTH-ROD
63 Posts

Annihilator13 said:
Good deal, one question...the RPM's are different between 06/07. 06 goes to 11000, the 07 looks like it only goes to 9000. Any suggestions?
As far as I know 9000 is stock. Unless you got some super strong motor parts I wouldn't run mine at 11000.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah, for some reason his table on the tuner(air/fuel ratio) reads up to 11000 even though his rev limiter is 9300. Yet my RPM range on the air fuel ration table stops at 9000.

·
SNAFU
13,094 Posts
Although I haven't seen the maps for '07 I did notice that since '05 the 1250 maps use a different RPM scale that ends at 9000. It's the same number of cells, just more data in the midrange. I suspect it's more to do with cleaning up the midrange rather than limiting the motor's peak RPM.

In theory you can interchange maps so long as you maintain the proper displacement and injector size constants. I believe the calibration for the VE tables is embedded in the table itself so the ECM will use a scale based on the file and not something hard coded in it's memory. I say this because the ECM's are the same between 1250 and 1130 motors, only the programs change.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So I should still be able to cut and paste it? Like you said it's the same number of cells overall. I went to the constants and ensure the engine size was the same as well as injector size. How would I literally input the numbers into the various tables being that it will be different RPM's? Or would I have to go in and physically input each number by RPM? If I do that what would I do for the new ones created in the 07(i.e.7500)? Sorry..i'm just full of questions.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
that means the number in the last cell on my sheet will be 9000, but on the other cell i'm copying from will be 11000. Won't that be a significant change. Not that I ever plan on or think it will actually make it that high..haha.

·
WHATEVER
3,739 Posts
Annihilator13 said:
that means the number in the last cell on my sheet will be 9000, but on the other cell i'm copying from will be 11000. Won't that be a significant change. Not that I ever plan on or think it will actually make it that high..haha.
No because you will just be eliminating the cells after 9000!
Have you tried to load the MAP as is?

·
WHATEVER
3,739 Posts
If you can wait untill I get home this evening, I will be more than happy to do it for you.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Just got home myself, I'm gonna try it. I just copied all the tables into excell worksheets. So the only thing I have to do it copy it into the new format as is then. ?right?

·
20 Eyes in my Head
5,557 Posts
mjw930 said:
Although I haven't seen the maps for '07 I did notice that since '05 the 1250 maps use a different RPM scale that ends at 9000. It's the same number of cells, just more data in the midrange. I suspect it's more to do with cleaning up the midrange rather than limiting the motor's peak RPM.

In theory you can interchange maps so long as you maintain the proper displacement and injector size constants. I believe the calibration for the VE tables is embedded in the table itself so the ECM will use a scale based on the file and not something hard coded in it's memory. I say this because the ECM's are the same between 1250 and 1130 motors, only the programs change.
This is true in my experience. I am running Srod's Ace map for a VRSCE 12500 in my stock 1130cc VRSCA. I changed the cubic inches back to 69 and this is the BEST my bike has ever ran with ANY of the many pipes I have had. It runs so good that I may not even bother with my Twinscan88+ for further tuning. It translated very well for me....better than I ever would have imagined it would.

·
20 Eyes in my Head
5,557 Posts
Annihilator13 said:
Just copy the map in the areas relavant to the data you need. Above 9k rpm, I just use the same all the way down as what is in the 9k info.

·
Jay Johnston
1,732 Posts
I talked to Annihilator13 (Blane) earlier this evening, he got it done and he said his AW is running awesome now.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Shadow11 said:
I talked to Annihilator13 (Blane) earlier this evening, he got it done and he said his AW is running awesome now.
Do you have your map posted anywhere? I wasn't sure if the ones on the previous page were yours or not. I also heard that Annihilator13 is really digging your map.

·
Jay Johnston
1,732 Posts
1 - 20 of 27 Posts