1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Premium Member
5,719 Posts
I had these shocks and loved them. They are the best looking shocks IMHO. I only changed them for the height adjustability of the Arnott's.

·
Premium Member
11,335 Posts
I had the Smooth ride shocks and loved them but a real problem when installed on my 2007 vrscx 240 tire. The tire would bottom out on the inner fender. They fit and ran well on my 2003 however, no bottoming,

Great looking shock however. good chrome work.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
awesome. thanks. looks like an upgrade i will do once i get the money rounded up. :broke:

just for later reference...what size shocks did you all use? i want the 11" shocks but am worried about the bottoming out issue.

·
Premium Member
5,719 Posts
I believe I used 11.5"

·
Sharks-Parts
5,659 Posts
awesome. thanks. looks like an upgrade i will do once i get the money rounded up. :broke:

just for later reference...what size shocks did you all use? i want the 11" shocks but am worried about the bottoming out issue.
I am a dealer for them and can help out if you want... let me know..

·
Premium Member
11,335 Posts

I forget what I ordered but the web site has a procedure on what to order. I would contact them and mention your order is for a V-Rod. It makes a difference internally apparently. Something about the need for double springing.
Here is a LINK

You might check with Sharkey. I ordered them through V-SHOP. He may still have records of what I ordered. Whatever they were they were to short.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I am a dealer for them and can help out if you want... let me know..
awesome. once i get some more cashola rounded up & am ready to order i will let you know for sure. i have only read good things about your business.

i guess i do have another question. is there an air compressor that needs to be installed with these? the pic does not show it nor does the description mention anything about one but it does say they are air adjustable so i was just curious if it was just an air input like a tire on each shock or if there was a compressor involved.

·
Premium Member
5,719 Posts
No compressor required. They can be ordered with an optional hand pump (I found it very useful and a nice piece for $95). These are not height adjustable all the air pump does for you is adjust the stiffness/rebound of the ride. The height stays the same unless compressed underload. They do fill via a valve stem located near the top of the shock.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
No compressor required. They can be ordered with an optional hand pump (I found it very useful and a nice piece for $95). These are not height adjustable all the air pump does for you is adjust the stiffness/rebound of the ride. The height stays the same unless compressed underload. They do fill via a valve stem located near the top of the shock.
sweet. sounds exactly like what i am looking for.

now i just need money. danged economy. i need a raise so i can support my habits. :banghead:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts