Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Street Rodder
523 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Harley-Davidson Daytona Ride In Show was a great turn out - especially seeing so many great V-Rods there. Harley has invited our American Iron Magazine and Motorcycle Bagger to present the Harley-Davidson Ride In Show in Sturgis this year and we'd love to see a lot of great V-Rods there too.

It will be held Friday, August 10th at the Harley-Davidson display on Lazalle Street in downtown Sturgis. Hope to see you there.

·
Feeling lost
998 Posts
:them:

Be interesting to get a few of the hottest bikes from the forum on display there.....

·
Registered
21 Posts
Ride-In Custom Bike Show

:biker:
Harley-Davidson® Ride-In Custom Bike Show
Date: August 10, 2012 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
Registration - 9am-12pm

Judging - 12pm-3pm

Awards - 4pm

------Yeah, I said that, cuz I'm fabulous!!! I'll be there, on foot, not making eye contact with all them Harley folks, and my little Suzuki will be parked safely in a corner somewhere...with a cover on ;) LoL!!:moped:

·
Premium Member
2,721 Posts
I was a little disappointed with the lack of acknowledgement of the big turn out of vrods at the daytona show that was sponsed by american iron magazine. We had one of the largest if not the largest class in the show. Most being members of this site.

I am a subscriber and have been published in american iron. I understand that vrods are not american iron largest demographic . But with such a large showing and american iron coming on a vrod site to ask us to come out to the show . A tip of the hat would have been nice .

The vrod is alive and well .

·
Registered
21 Posts
I would hope that Sturtie would be able to help push the envelope of the magazine a bit, enabling a Vrod to grace the pages of AI. This is the 72nd rally and looks like the turnout will be epic, as usual.

I know there will be choppers and naggers and swingers oh my, just hoping there is at least one vrod there that is not ours...or maybe not then everyone will be in luv with this bike for sure

·
Street Rodder
523 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I was a little disappointed with the lack of acknowledgement of the big turn out of vrods at the daytona show that was sponsed by american iron magazine. We had one of the largest if not the largest class in the show. Most being members of this site.

I am a subscriber and have been published in american iron. I understand that vrods are not american iron largest demographic . But with such a large showing and american iron coming on a vrod site to ask us to come out to the show . A tip of the hat would have been nice .

The vrod is alive and well .
The V-rod turn out at Harley-Davidson's Daytona show was impressive and I personally went over and visited with a number of the owners more than once. Several of the V-Rod riders took a lot of photos with me in them but I have not seen any of them here or in our office.

On page 72 of the current issue of American Iron Magazine (July 2012) we listed the winner and runner up of the V-Rod class - Edith Tasses on her 2012 V-Rod and Bill Mack on his 2005 V-Rod.

·
Street Rodder
523 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
:biker:
Harley-Davidson® Ride-In Custom Bike Show
Date: August 10, 2012 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
Registration - 9am-12pm

Judging - 12pm-3pm

Awards - 4pm

------Yeah, I said that, cuz I'm fabulous!!! I'll be there, on foot, not making eye contact with all them Harley folks, and my little Suzuki will be parked safely in a corner somewhere...with a cover on ;) LoL!!:moped:
American Iron Magazine and Motorcycle Bagger will be there with staff and cameras. Let's see if we can get another great turn out of V-Rods in Sturgis and we will get some photos in our magazines.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Sturgis 2012 V-Rod Turnout

We are going up on Monday night now it sounds like, so if anyone else happens to be coming up it'd sure be awesome to get together for a dinner or something, or all meet up somewhere and park all the bikes together...just a thought...

:moped: :moped: :moped: :moped:

I'll buy a 6-pack for each v-rod I see, for the first 6 that is!

·
Street Rodder
523 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
We still are inviting and hope we get a great turn our of custom V-Rods at the Harley Ride In Show in Sturgis on Friday, August 10th.

Our staff from American Iron Magazine and Motorcycle Bagger will be there covering the event and shooting bikes for the magazines. Including V-Rods.

However, I hate to report, but I will not be able to attend this year. A couple of weeks ago I tore my Achilles tendon and am wearing a soft cast 24/7 until it heals. My surgeon told me if I went to Sturgis this year I am likely to do more damage which would lead to surgery and a possible limp the rest of my life. Not good.

Hope you all have fun and we see lots of great V-Rods there.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts