Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
If You Ain't Cav...
2,069 Posts
I like the overall look of the bike... Would also like unlimited $$$ and a mute wife who could cook like Emeril (I'm 1/2 Cajun!), clean like Martha Stewart, and look like Pam Anderson!
Is that too much to ask?!!

Mike

·
Metal Guitarist
5,201 Posts
i e-mailed them about the back fender and the drag bars, here is the response i got
The fender is $799.95, it comes with the led taillight.The bars are $109.95. Al parts are in stock. That's my bike on the website, if you ever need help let me know!
Thanks for contacting us,
Jeff Derge
Parts & Accessories Manager
House of Harley-Davidson/Buell
www.houseofharley.com
$800 for a rear fender? :(

·
If You Ain't Cav...
2,069 Posts
Actually,
That isn't too bad for being able to accept up to a 240 tire. I would have thought it would have been a grand or more.

Mike

·
Yeah, but what if...
4,714 Posts
It includes the LED taillight too. Pretty good price I think. Spose it needs to be painted though... I think it looks great - best rear fender solution I have seen so far. I would love to get it and work out how to run a 220 with the hard bags mounted so I can slip them on and off no worries.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Like the fender - does anyone have information how it looks under the passenger seat? Does it look like a "normal" fender and without the "cutting" that the stock fender has to accomodate the alarm. I am planning to add a mono seat and need the fender to look good without benefit of cover of the passenger seat....

·
Registered
16 Posts
Ram-Air Cover

The Ram-Air is functional, the inner air box cover is removed and exposes the high flow filter.
If you put your bike on a dyno with a stock cover and remove the inner clam shell cover the bike will make +2 HP, not including the effect that the ram-air cover would have at speed. The stock air box is very restrictive!

·
Banned
12,582 Posts
Now do you work for them Or something?:rolleyes:

·
Banned
12,582 Posts
Not for MoCo for the company that makes the AirBox cover?House of Harley?

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
Funny, today I was over in our machine shop and we had just finished a tool to make a set of scoops for a jet engine cowling (read engine cover) for one of the new mods I am working on for a business jet.

This scoop looks as tho it is the same shape as the V-Rod airbox cover (When I designed it I was not even thinking of the Rod). I am gonna try and get a beat up cover from the dealer and attach this scoop to the top. Outa be fun to work it up and get a nice paint job on it and put it on mine.

Should look pretty cool!!!!

·
Banned
12,582 Posts
Jeff?,
Thats Cool!Why be Shy introduce your self we won't Bite!Well maybe Val but it feels Good!:diablo: We love it when people from the Other side come to join are little family.It's even better when they own and ride one!:cool:

·
Registered
16 Posts
I don't want you all to feel that I'm here to try and sell you stuff! I'm just a enthusist that is fortunate to work in the business that is my life, I've been a rider since I was 3 yrs. old and this is the first bike that I've ever kept more than a year. The V-Rod is the best bike H-D has ever made and I sick of hearing, reading, and seeing customers struggle to find parts or receive help! Thanks for the warm welcome and I'll be glad to help anyone who needs it! KAZ your bike is mint ! What's the quickest you've gone 1/4 mile? Never tried that drag racing thing, currently I'm preping a CRF450 to run in Supermoto next season.

·
Banned
12,582 Posts
10.03 On the small 153rwhp system.Was on a 9.40 pass with 180+rwhp setup at the last AHDRA Race"3/10ths quicker to the 330" when I had some tranny problems!:( Shold be in the 8's with my new motor!:diablo:

·
Hooligan
416 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
So, are you telling me that The House is V-Rod friendly? My current service department is NOT working out. *cough*suburban*cough* Excellent salesmen and 10% off everything all the time, but horribly rude service dept.

Example: I got my fuel flange fixed a couple months before the "recall". After I get the letter in the mail, I stop by (because if you call, you will be on hold for 15 minutes) to see if I got the updated one, and they say rudely "Well, did we fix it? Then you got the new one".
When they did fix it, I had to take off the PC3 and put the stock air filter back on, because they didn't put them on and "we don't know whats been done to the bike, so we can't work on it", even after I told them that is all that has been done. Taking off the PC3 resulting in the bike being unrideable, they had to come pick it up.
:soapbox:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts