Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Liqwid Rider
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here it is. I think it was worth the wait ;)
Details:
- The center section is a Stingray hide; a species that has a continuous white streak along the spine rather than just a typical star at the center.
- In some angles, it looks as if there is a wrinkle in the center, but it is just from the leather not glued down yet (will stretch a bit while being broken in and then will be glued).

Let me know what you think. I'm very happy with the way it turned out.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
WOW!
Where did you get that seat? Awesome!

Very Nice :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

·
Liqwid Rider
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
riverrattcom said:
WOW!
Where did you get that seat? Awesome!

Very Nice :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:
I had a local guy do it. He primarily does upholstery for aircraft, but has started doing custom seats the last couple of years when he has time. He did a great job.

·
Registered
257 Posts
I think that is awesome. Would he be able to do a seat like that with snake skin??? If so I would be interested in contacting him.

·
Liqwid Rider
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks for the comments, good and bad. I don't expect everyone to like it. It does look better in person. The detail of the stingray hide makes it look less like a "skunk seat" :rofl2: I'll post a close-up pic of the stripe so you see what I mean. Lenelsa: turn-about is fair play. I think the car in your avatar looks like a squashed egg with wheels :mrgr: j/k Seriously, what car is that? Looks like a flattened Audi TT or something.

·
Liqwid Rider
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Azslightdraw said:
I think that is awesome. Would he be able to do a seat like that with snake skin??? If so I would be interested in contacting him.
I'm sure he could do similar seats with about any kind of exotic inlay you would like. Just remember, we're in Alaska so it will be a little more challenging. I will talk to him to make sure he doesn't have a problem with me posting his contact info.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Thanks AKvrod. I did not realize you were in Alaska. We will see what he thinks.

·
Liqwid Rider
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
shaggydogman said:
LOVE IT SINGRAY IS THE TOUGHEST HIDE , HOW MUCH ? I would like just buy the hide to cover my sundowner.
I actually bought the stingray hide from a company in North Carolina that imports them from Thailand. I will look up their info and post it tomorrow.

·
Liqwid Rider
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
shaggydogman said:
LOVE IT SINGRAY IS THE TOUGHEST HIDE , HOW MUCH ? I would like just buy the hide to cover my sundowner.
Here is the site where I bought the hide from:

http://www.stingrayproducts.com/

Bear in mind that the continuous star hide is fairly narrow (I think it was about 6" max), so you would need multiple skins to do an entire seat. I think that the other kind of stingray hide is wider, so that might work better for your application.

·
Registered
472 Posts
Looks sharp. How does it feel as far as comfort?
Kodiak bear fur only came in brown, huh? But I understand that size isn't a limitation, however.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts