Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is a custom 9 piece red with silver flames set of tins for sale that used to be on a 2002 VRSCA. The "Harley Davidson" print on the sides of the air box cover is raised and the flames match the silver frame of the VRod which looks really cool. Noteworthy issues on the tins: some stuff has flown up and got stuck on the underside of the front fender, a couple of light scratches on the underside of the rear fender, and a couple of small paint chips on the underside of the gauge covers by the screws that hold them in. On the air box cover (see pictures below) there is a very light scratch about 3 inches in length, and on the right side there are two, one is about an inch long and the other is about a half an inch long. I'm sure any of these could either be buffed or touched up just fine and really aren't noticeable. There are no dents on any of the pieces. These have been used but are in very good shape overall. I am asking $725 for the set of skins, which includes shipping to the lower 48 states in the US via UPS with an online tracking number and insurance. Please ask if you have any questions. Thanks

* 8/14 - added a couple additional big photos of the scratched side of the air box cover taken from 1 foot away

Attachments

·
1130cc.comaholic
13,241 Posts
damn 700 bucks!!! that is almost tempting to me and I'm not even wanting to get rid of my anodized. That is a great price :thumb:

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
lakedrunk said:
damn 700 bucks!!! that is almost tempting to me and I'm not even wanting to get rid of my anodized. That is a great price :thumb:
Actually I have been lowering the price in the top post so folks don't have to scroll down to figure out the asking price. I'm not at your price yet :D

·
Registered
247 Posts
Don't get it. Was asking 800 and has lowered it 50 bucks twice. Isn't that come out to 700?:helpme:

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
DDstreetrod said:
Don't get it. Was asking 800 and has lowered it 50 bucks twice. Isn't that come out to 700?:helpme:
I was initially asking $900 and when I posted that I lowered the price I just updated the new asking price in the original post. I basically just had the most current price in the top post but I'll update the price-drop posts for additional clarity. I'm not intentionally trying to confuse anybody, I'm only trying to sell of a nice set of tins :angeldev:

·
Registered
247 Posts
Got it, I thought I was needing to up my dose of meds again

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
drhydra: unfortunately I don't know who did the work because they came my Vrod when I bought it used.

Lowered $25 (now $750)

·
THAWING In Montana
344 Posts
I wish the rear fender would fit my "R".

·
Registered
182 Posts
account said:
drhydra: unfortunately I don't know who did the work because they came my Vrod when I bought it used.

Lowered $25 (now $750)
My concern is with the scratches, have you tried to rub them out? If they are repairable buy rubbing I would be interested, if they require touch up they would not be matchable as you don't know who painted with what.

·
Registered
182 Posts
account said:
drhydra: what would you recommend trying to rub them out with?

Lowered $25 (now $725)
I guess my choice would be some professional grade 3M fine polishing compound,and if that didn't do it some 3M rubbing compound.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
drhydra said:
Any luck with the compounds? Still interested !
Sorry about the delay in response but I've been really busy lately. I'm planning on picking some up this weekend and seeing what I can do. I'll let you know how it turns out.

·
Registered
182 Posts
account said:
Sorry about the delay in response but I've been really busy lately. I'm planning on picking some up this weekend and seeing what I can do. I'll let you know how it turns out.
Any luck yet ?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
No, I haven't tried anything yet. I think I'm just going to try and find a professional paint shop to touch them up for me so I can get a little more demand for these tins. If you are not a total perfectionist then these are a bargain. Stupid small scratches... :(

1 - 19 of 19 Posts