Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Lets Ride...
475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have sold my 2006 Yellow/Platinum SE VRod and the matching paint helmet was too big (XL) for the buyer. My wifes matching helmet did fit and he took that one. With my history on the forum and participation in three of the KC Rally's I have enjoyed the forum and am willing to give away this helmet to a member with a matching SE VRod. You pay the UPS only and it's yours. It was worn on road trips but is in good shape and clean, one small ding on the lower front of the helmet. Paid $305 for the helmet, $400 for the paint job. Anyone want it? It's a Nolan N102 Full Face.

·
Premium Member
3,516 Posts
Damn that is nice and a great helmet, if it was a large I would jump all over this as it matches my dads bike.

·
REVOLUTION !!!
21,412 Posts
Nice gesture -- Hope somebody that has the matching bike takes it... Good luck in the future Bro...

·
Lets Ride...
475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you Stomper. Received a PM, I think that it is done.

·
That U in my mirror?
1,511 Posts
Dave, we met in Sturgis during the 2007 rally @ the Spearfish Canyon Lodge. Can you tell us why you sold that beautiful bike?

·
TURBONATOR
1,366 Posts
Damn I wish Lane would've seen this one!
I saw this just a few hours to late or I would of been all over it, I have to say someone is getting a very cool helmet.

·
Lets Ride...
475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Dave, we met in Sturgis during the 2007 rally @ the Spearfish Canyon Lodge. Can you tell us why you sold that beautiful bike?
Tray, I loved the bike and enjoyed it for almost 5 years. The only issue I had with it was on road trips panicing about gas at the 120 mile range. Even though I had the 4.9 gallon tank, because of the engine rebuild and tuning my mpg was about 25. Since I do road trips regularly I decided to try a Touring bike, 2010 Road King. I like it, getting 220-240 miles per tank, but the V-Rod was actually more comfortable. As usual, now my Road King needs some more work.

Attachments

·
Lets Ride...
475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

·
Premium Member
3,516 Posts
Dave, Helmet arrived. Thank You. If for some reason my dad ever gets rid of his bike this helmet will be passed along to another forum member with an SE having the yellow paint scheme to keep the gesture going. Thanks again Dave.

·
Lets Ride...
475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Dave, Helmet arrived. Thank You. If for some reason my dad ever gets rid of his bike this helmet will be passed along to another forum member with an SE having the yellow paint scheme to keep the gesture going. Thanks again Dave.
You are welcome. Hope your dad likes it and enjoys.

·
Dallas, TX
1,244 Posts
I have sold my 2006 Yellow/Platinum SE VRod and the matching paint helmet was too big (XL) for the buyer. My wifes matching helmet did fit and he took that one. With my history on the forum and participation in three of the KC Rally's I have enjoyed the forum and am willing to give away this helmet to a member with a matching SE VRod. You pay the UPS only and it's yours. It was worn on road trips but is in good shape and clean, one small ding on the lower front of the helmet. Paid $305 for the helmet, $400 for the paint job. Anyone want it? It's a Nolan N102 Full Face.
Who did the paint work on the helmet?

·
Lets Ride...
475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
It was done by MNK Custom Works out of Mokena, IL. They do the paint work for my local chopper builder, Snake Alley Customs. Website is: www.mnkcustomworks.com Tel: 708-269-8570. Owners name is Mike.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Re free helmet. Texrob 1960 australia

If you still have helmet, an very interested. Love the paintwork, would really match my 2006 cvo vrod. Cheers, Rob

·
Registered
20 Posts
Thanks for all the info , as I'm new to this forum, I didn't see the date of original post... Your vrod was a beautiful price of work...I can bet the new owner will be happy with his investment , as these bikes are only getting harder to source in this colour combo. Mine is the only yellow pearl one originally imported to Australia in 2006, A
and there is only 100 made in yellow pearl worldwide... Less now with natural attrition...would love to start a register of remaining cvo yellow vrods! Happy trails, mate! From an Aussie cowboy. Regards, tex.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Yellow vrod. Helmet

Thanks for all the info , as I'm new to this forum, I didn't see the date of original post... Your vrod was a beautiful price of work...I can bet the new owner will be happy with his investment , as these bikes are only getting harder to source in this colour combo. Mine is the only yellow pearl one originally imported to Australia in 2006, A
and there is only 100 made in yellow pearl worldwide... Less now with natural attrition...would love to start a register of remaining cvo yellow vrods! Happy trails, mate! From an Aussie cowboy. Regards, tex.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts