Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im having trouble deciding what to do..... i cant decide on geting a custom paint job or getting the Xtreme skins form Ozzycustoms, i like the chrome flames fading to yellow&orange on black pear, but i just cant decide! also i plan on getting the rizoma handelbar and instrument relocator kit W/ a set of climax controls, so i thought id get some of your oppinions on the subject and if you got some pics of some real unique paint id like to see em
thankx
KC

·
Pat's Fan
363 Posts
IMO........paint is the way to go! Im not saying anything about Ozzys skins......they are awsome looking! BUT....for me .... I like the paint and I think you can get real creative & unique with it. It took a long time for me to decide what i wanted before i got mine painted. Lots of looking around to get ideas.
As far as suggestions.........that is a real subjective thing!! Its going to depend on what you like. Do some searches for Custom Motorcyle painting and go to the sites and start getting ideas. If you want flashy......subtle......wild....and each one of those could be different depending on the person.
When you go to the different sites save all the pictures you like and then keep going back over them........you'll probabaly find that as time goes on your taste may change.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thats pretty sharp, if i do get custom paint the rear fender wont be seen too much i got a set of hd bags on it and a mini sissybar.
thanks

·
I seek only water...
1,029 Posts
Since getting my skins from Ozzy I'm a die-hard fan. Sure there are some great paint jobs, but Ozzy's chrome skins are something that most people haven't seen before. When I had the stock anodized aluminum I got complimentary comments, but nothing like I do now. People are WOWed by the bike. Everywhere I go people are giving me thumbs-up. Like I keep saying, the way they change with the ambient light just makes them that much more appealing.
Anybody that has seen his work first hand will tell you that pictures don't do it justice.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
id like to see a set of ozzys skins first hand but i doubt any one around these parts has em, wich is a better reason to get a set if you think about it
:thumb: :stooge:

·
I seek only water...
1,029 Posts
Casey, I remember when I pulled my set out of the box I think I muttered "I'm not worthy"..... Give him a call, he's really a good guy. He made mine per my specs. I have some pics posted in the gallery if you want to take a look.

·
Premium Member
13,343 Posts
I've seen max's skins - got to agree. Pictures just don't do them justice. If i just had a couple thousand dollars.....

·
Craig Fehr
2,506 Posts
Has anyone seen Ozzy's blood red set on a bike to see how they match with the grey frame. I think that red is sharp but have some concerns about it matching the frame. I emailed Ozzy and he will try to get some pics for me, however just thought I'd ask the question here as well.

·
Registered
439 Posts
fehrc said:
Has anyone seen Ozzy's blood red set on a bike to see how they match with the grey frame. I think that red is sharp but have some concerns about it matching the frame. I emailed Ozzy and he will try to get some pics for me, however just thought I'd ask the question here as well.
I just saw a set installed on a 03 VROD at the Ft. Lauderdale Bike Show. It does look sharp. But I have the same dilema as you. I think a blue paint job matches the gray frame a little better. See attached photos

Attachments

·
Craig Fehr
2,506 Posts
You're right, that blue does match nice. Something else to consider are some grey flames near the bottom of the fender and airbox cover in order to tie in the frame a little better with that red set. Hopefully Ozzy will have some pics. So, what was your overall impression though, Al, did you think it matched okay?

·
Vroddin' Madman
271 Posts
On this bike - matching that frame to your custom paint makes a difference, since the frame is so prominent. I do like how blues go better with silver - and repainting the frame is a nightmare. Of course you could always chrome it instead of painting! Then it would pretty much go with whatever you wanted to paint it.

Attachments

·
Registered
439 Posts
fehrc said:
You're right, that blue does match nice. Something else to consider are some grey flames near the bottom of the fender and airbox cover in order to tie in the frame a little better with that red set. Hopefully Ozzy will have some pics. So, what was your overall impression though, Al, did you think it matched okay?

Yes, I believe the blue tones are the best match. But check this candy red with grey flames to match the frame;

Attachments

·
Registered
439 Posts
ozzycustoms said:
Craig, here is a photo of the blood red on the grey frame. There should be a few more photo's of this bike in our gallery. We will be doing a blue chrome with chrome flames (tribal I think) in the next few weeks.

Ozzy
Ozzy,

The red chrome looks awesome. Can't wait to see the blue chrome!!

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
OZZY, any chance you have a pic of the chrome to yellow&orange flames on black pearl, on a bike? id like to see how it blends

thanks
kc :cheers:

·
Registered
136 Posts
KC, we never mount any of our stuff for pictures but I can see if the customer can take a picture for us.

Because this is a process that not many people have seen before we are looking at chroming some 12" disk and adding designs so clients can see samples. This will have to wait until after Daytona though.

Ozzy

1 - 20 of 24 Posts