Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Ghost Rider
533 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK so I can’t install my Apus mirrors on the stock location without an adapter for the left side, which no one seems to manufacture (all the ones I've found are for the right side).

If I end up using the Dennis Kirk or J&P Cycles solution and install them on the “pivot pin” for the brake/clutch levers, what do I do with the empty factory mount hole (since I relocated the turn signals)?

I appreciate your ideas (hopefully serious ones!).
:biker:

·
If You Ain't Cav...
2,069 Posts
You could put in a stainless, black, or chromed hex head (to match other hardwear on hand controls and a matching acorn hex nut underneath...

or some fancy licence plate mounting gear :

My :2cents

Mike

·
Registered
305 Posts
OK Juan....I'm just going to let you figure out what I'm going to do too! You're several weeks ahead of me. I know you'll come up with a good solution. Lead, follow, or get out of the way.... I choose to follow on this one.:D

Dan

·
Ghost Rider
533 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey Dan,

I ordered the "pivot pin" mounting kit from J&P Cycles today. I will relocate the mirrors to that poitn which will give us a bit better view out the back (being a couple of inches farther out).

Then, following Mike's suggestion, I'll most certainly use a short stud with Acorn nuts top and bottom to cover up the hole. I just think it would look "unfinished" if we just leave the hole open.

Will post pics ASAP. Juan

·
Registered
347 Posts
Harley sells some chrome "plugs" for allen bolts in different sizes. You could get 2 big enough to cover the hole a dab of silicone will keep it on ifthe grips on the plug don't match the hole size. They make the plugs for dressing up the allen bolts on the motors & other parts of the bike. This would give an almost flush finnish.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Thanks Juan.....and you too jlbait! I was thinking that HD had to have something available. Looking forward to the pics. This mirror thing is driving me nuts!:rolleyes: I can hardly wait to get these Apus on.... next project is dropping the rear end and adding a 200. And need to get that all done before Laughlin River Run in April!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts