Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok... I know this has to be a problem out there for those of you who have found great custom mirrors for you VROD but discovered that they couldn't be mounted due to the lack of clearance between the hole and the master cylinder housings. I've found the "perfect" set of mirrors but they won't fit without adaptors. Has anyone found a viable solution to this? The adaptors have to be chrome or nearly invisible. Found a right side adaptor at J&P but nothing for the left. I just know my fellow VRODers will be able to help!

Zeeman

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Not sure if the right would work on the left. I would think they would call it a "universal" adapter but I'll let you know. This is my first project for after the new year. I've really been looking for a good solution to this but have really come up with nothing. The only choice may be to make an adapter and have it chromed if the other doesn't work. I'll update this thread when I get the solution.

Zeeman

·
Live Free or Die
938 Posts
I could use a quick holiday project to occupy a few hours. If you can describe it, I'll design it and send the print to a retired guy who runs a solo machine shop out of his garage. He has very low overhead, but since we are talking about making quantities of >100, is may seem like a high unit price. But it will be exactly what you want. We won't know the price till I get him a drawing for a quote.

You may want to find a chroming vendor local to your area if we can not totally hide this adapter bolt.

What info do you have on these mirrors, I have my V-Rod in the garage for measuring that side of the mounting. You can PM me -- I'll keep the rest of the forum community updated. The more of these that we make the lower the unit price.

·
If You Ain't Cav...
2,069 Posts
Z,
I had the same problem with my Joker Machine Talon Mirrors:

But I found some adaptors that allow you to mount the mirrors through the hand control pivots.
It is called a Mirror Adapter and is part# H39134 on the Dennis Kirk site.

Here is what mine looked like:

Hope this helps, brother!

Mike

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks Mike,

ErVikingo and I have been trying to figure out what to do about this. Looks like you have the solution. He did, however, talk to the manufacturer who said they shoud fit with no problem. Either way I think we have the problem licked! :lick: :lick:

Dan

·
Ghost Rider
533 Posts
Hey Dan,

I received the mirrors is 2 days, not a bad lead time ah! However, the right side fits right in but the left will require an adapter. I'd rather use an adapter to mount ont eh stock location (I need something to cover that hole anyway!).

Any ideas apart from the Dennis Kirk part? See pics on the other thread under products.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Juan,

I was afraid that would be the problem. Having not seen the mirrors it is hard to figure out a solution. I've looked everywhere for an adapter but the Kirk one is the only thing I've found. We might have to have something made and chromed! I know the one thing I don't want....and that is so huge ugly adapter. The Kirk one is only $9 I think. That's where I'll probably start and go from there. My bike's back in the shop for fuel problems...I'll be ordering the mirrors as soon as I get it back. Let me know if you find any other solutions.
Dan

1 - 10 of 10 Posts