Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
This is my install, based upon vrunner79's post. The difference is I mounted the control box under the seat via velcro (as shown)...this works for me because I don't plan to change the settings and I use the readily accessible space (under the driver seat) for other items. The control box has three wires (red, white, black). I cut back the heat shrink of the black, blue, and red/yellow wires that led to the tail/stop light. Then I severed the red/yellow wire to connect the red and the white of the controller. The white wire is connected to the red/yellow side that's closest to the light. The black is ground.

Thanks vrunner79 for leading the way.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
This is my install, based upon vrunner79's post. The difference is I mounted the control box under the seat via velcro (as shown)...this works for me because I don't plan to change the settings and I use the readily accessible space (under the driver seat) for other items. The control box has three wires (red, white, black). I cut back the heat shrink of the black, blue, and red/yellow wires that led to the tail/stop light. Then I severed the red/yellow wire to connect the red and the white of the controller. The white wire is connected to the red/yellow side that's closest to the light. The black is ground.

Thanks vrunner79 for leading the way.
Good job on your install & nice hiding spot for your control box :D I felt under the seat was the best place so if you ever get grief from the police just flip the seat, turn the dial, and down the road you go :moped: Only think i could recmond differently is using the Heat shrink butt connectors. (Crimp them the same way and put heat to them) seals the whole connection from any moisture or anything getting inside. Makes for a nice "tight" connection. I was gonna do a install video to show how easy it is but i was too excited to get it installed when it came in the mail. what setting did you chose on?

·
LIFESHORTRIDEHARD
1,164 Posts
I installed mine a while ago! It is awesome! See a link to the vid showing the function in my signature

·
Registered
28 Posts
I use setting 7. Good point about heat shrink. I have to go back under the seat to install phone and gps connections. I may re-terminate the flasher and include heat shrink then.

Sent from my iPad using MO Free

1 - 8 of 8 Posts