Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
852 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I wanted something unique so I made this headlight.

This is what I started with.

But I hate halogen, I so decided to retrofit a bi-xenon headlight and led turn signals into the housing.

This is what I ended up with.

Then I added a custom shroud and amber LED ring.

·
Registered
852 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Total, I think I spent around 700 to make it. Personally I loved it mounted, but went back to stock shortly after because I felt it was too much for most people's taste and the bike would sell easier with the stock headlight.

·
Vic Jacoby
1,458 Posts
Nice work and documentation with pics. Great job. Post some pics of it on the bike!

But... you're not using it 'cause you sold or are selling the bike?

·
Registered
852 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I only had it on for a week. I went back to stock light to appeal to the masses to sell the bike. Sorry but I dont have any of it mounted.

·
Vic Jacoby
1,458 Posts
Well, if you're trying to sell, I guess I understand. Otherwise, I'd say F 'em and it probably looked kick ass to many of us on here. Who cares what the masses think?

So why are you selling?

·
Good Muthafarka
11,223 Posts
have you got any more pics of it mounted...from a distance etc....looks good !!!!

·
Registered
468 Posts
bringing back the dead...

damn that was/is a beautiful lamp! would love something like that on my F.

just started looking into replacing the stock headlamp with something (much) brighter for occasional night ride.

·
Registered
23 Posts
That's awesome

Would you be willing to sell it or post instructions on how you did it please? I have the same headlight and would like to mod it the same way. I think I saw that you also posted it in a car forum but never got around to asking you over there.

Thank you in advance

·
Registered
23 Posts
Would you be willing to sell it or post instructions on how you did it please? I have the same headlight and would like to mod it the same way. I think I saw that you also posted it in a car forum but never got around to asking you over there.

Thank you in advance
I found out the light is a Yamaha mt03 head light. I purchased the head light and an led projector off eBay so I'll be trying it out my self also.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Well I wanted something unique so I made this headlight.

This is what I started with.

But I hate halogen, I so decided to retrofit a bi-xenon headlight and led turn signals into the housing.

This is what I ended up with.

Then I added a custom shroud and amber LED ring.

I know it's been forever now but have your made any more since?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts