Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im sure this question has been asked a ton already, but here goes. I recently was hit by a car while riding, and most everything on the bike is damaged except the engine. So I was kinda of thinking it would be fun to take the insurance money for the repairs and buy a custom frame and go crazy from there!!!! If anyone has heard of a manufacturer that builds frames to fit this engine please post a website or contact info!!!! Thanks everyone. Ride hard, ride safe!!!

·
9 second club member
2,326 Posts
Kosman builds frames and know alot about the vrod, you could ask him if he would build one for you. there may be other builders out there but you may need to send your motor to them so they could build around it.

·
1130cc.comaholic
13,241 Posts
I don't have a answer for you, I just wanted to say hello to a fellow missourian :D

·
Registered
2,746 Posts
Send your engine and $50,000 to OCC and see what happens? Who knows, maybe your bike will be on the Discovery Channel

·
Phil Z.
1,117 Posts
lakedrunk said:
I don't have a answer for you, I just wanted to say hello to a fellow missourian :D
:them: :vrodforu:

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
hd-v-rodder said:
Send your engine and $50,000 to OCC and see what happens? Who knows, maybe your bike will be on the Discovery Channel
I know I am going to get a small sum of money from the insurance settlement for all the surgeries and hospital bills, lost income, etc. But throwing $50,000.00 and my engine to OCC is not what I had in mind. I could care less if I was on the Discovery Channel. I asked this question originally because I am unable to fabricate a frame because I lack the skill and tools. However, if I can find a custom frame, like a pro street style that would work with the revolution engine; I would be able to build a custom bike with a vrod power plant. And since the surgeons said it would be close to two years before I recover from this injury, what a better way to pass the time than to turn some wrenches and build a bike... But thanks for the suggestion!:banghead:

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
lakedrunk said:
And hey back to all the MO residents. Well, once I am back on my feet and riding....let's get a big Missouri group for a ride. Hell, scratch that, let's just get a massive group (MO and more) for a big ride. I can't wait to get back to it!!!

·
Premium Member
5,720 Posts
http://www.1130cc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=66194

If I remember correctly Cary Faas was looking for a set of cases or engine to borrow to make a custom frame for the Revolution engine. Since you said it'll be two years before you could ride, it may be worth looking into.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts