Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Custom Forward Controls, Now with pics!

Well being the middle of winter I kept looking at my bike in the garage. I really wanted to get some forward controls, but didn't like any of the available options. I'm 6' 1 1/2" tall and my legs are almost at a 90 degree angle. So after a few months of design work, I came up with someting that looked feasable. 4" forward, 0" upward, and only about 1/4" outward. Plus no scratched paint. I wrote some tool paths, and fired up the CNC machine. All of the billet parts are complete, but I do have 1 more part to machine before I can test it out. I did bolt up what I have, and 4" seems great. I was feeling a little proud, so I thought that I would mention it. Give me a couple days, and I'll post some pics if anyone's interested. :ride:

·
Premium Member
1,465 Posts
very :cool: its a good fealing to say you put it on yourself , whole other thing to say(grab your pants & put out your chest) I made it :D
Look foward to the pics

·
Color me Gone
27,333 Posts
Having your own CNC machine, PRICELESS.

You know you'll have to make two sets so that I can give you my honest opinion about them. :)

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks guys.
It took some serious creativity, but it looks great so far. Dan, I was actually thinking of that myself. I think that V-Rod would look great on the side. Does anybody know what font they use? I might be a custom. Anybody have any digital versions of it?

I'll finish the last part tonight, then maybe I'll have enough time to snap a pic or 2.

·
Registered
257 Posts
being 6'4'" I cant wait to see these

·
spit happens
5,534 Posts
Air1,
Make sure you save the program! ;) So what do you have Haas,Okuma,Kitamura,etc.??I s/u,program,troubleshoot,run Okuma cnc lathes.I have s/u,and run Citizens before.
Looking forward to seeing some pics :)

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Notice that I still need to tap out a hole, install the stainless bolt, and get some nice shifter pegs. But you guys were dying to get some pics (almost as much as I was).

·
Color me Gone
27,333 Posts
Very very nice indeed. Are you taking orders yet? :)

·
Registered
696 Posts
Very nice, I'd like to see something like that with raised pegs for some more cornering clearance :ride:

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Thanks again. The pictures don't do it justice either. They look great, and more importantly feel much better for my size. I still need to finish the other side, and go for a ride. I love the relaxed feel that they have.

As far as raised pegs, no problem. It would only mean changing 1 part. So any raised height would be easy to accomidate.

I haven't really given much thought to actually manufacturing these, I was mainly very dissapointed in the current selection of forward controls, but needed something better. If you are interested, email me, and I'll see what I can do.

·
Registered
424 Posts
Cool...I know the amount of work that goes into machining even the things that look the simplest. Some aftermarket pegs will really step things up.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts