Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Mountaineer
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally, I have finished my face plates and now I'm able to sell a few of them. I've made the face plates because I wanted a different one and the price to make them is almost the same if I make one or 20. Thus, I will sell a few (maybe 20) of them as promised for $50 (including shipping to you). Basically, that are my own costs.

The face plate consists of three layers:
1) A semi-transparent inner layer, which is flexible but very stable.
2) A black back layer to block unwanted light from the LEDs beneath.
3) The face plate that is also semi-transparent.

I have to glue the layers manually together. Because of that it is possible that there are very small imperfections like dust beneath the surface. You will notice it if you look very close to it but I doubt that you can see it when it is installed, even if you are very close. It is, however, visible on the back side of the face plate (see attached photos).

Anyway, I think the quality is very good and nearly perfect. I've already sold one to a forum member (Gbflex) and he's very happy with it. Just ask him. ;)

If you are interested, please send me a PM. Payment can be done by Paypal.
Please check also if they show the same details as your face plate and if the cut for the odometer has the correct size (24 mm x 6 mm).

Currently, I have the face plates with 140 mph and 220 km/h. The designs on the attached photos may vary. The design that I sell is visible on the white face plate (the first photo).

For more information see also
http://www.1130cc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=59099&highlight=face+plate

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,724 Posts
Are you going to do any for those of us who ride the SE bikes????

·
LOS ANGELES
1,757 Posts
wiley81db said:
+1

·
Banned
4,397 Posts
Are these for the 02-05 or 06-07 models?

·
Registered
536 Posts
Very nice! I bought white and really like the look. Although my lighting behind is yellow??? Blue would look TIT'S. You must have changed the LED's to red in the picture you posted?

Attachments

·
Mountaineer
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
wiley81db said:
No. These face plates exist only because I had to print larger quantities to have only ONE for myself. The only thing that can be changed easily is the print on the face plate, not the form.

Ergoguy34 said:
Are these for the 02-05 or 06-07 models?
Definitely not for the 06-07. I believe it is only for the 02-04 models. But maybe also for the 05. It depends on the size of the cut for the odometer.

snoophog said:
can the back lighting be changed?
Yes, you simply have to change the LEDs in your speedometer. That's not pretty hard to do but it will help if you know how to use a soldering iron.
I'm not changing your Speedometer, I sell only the face plate (see first photograph). What you do to your speedo is entirely in your own responsibility.

gbflex said:
Very nice! I bought white and really like the look. Although my lighting behind is yellow??? Blue would look TIT'S. You must have changed the LED's to red in the picture you posted?
Yes, I have changed my own LEDs to red, the original ones are yellow.
And thank you very much for trusting me and buying the first face plate. You are a really great guy to deal with and the photos are very nice!

·
Mountaineer
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Shipping needs 1-2 weeks to you.

If you measure the cut for the odometer and this fits, the whole face plate should fit. If not, you can send it back to me for a full refund of the $50.

·
Mountaineer
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
gbflex said:
Slasher, the turn signal arrows and the N cant be seen during the day. :banghead:
Do you really see nothing at all during the day? Because I can see the 'N' in your picture, which is taken with a flash.
You should see it because the transparency is nearly the same as the stock face plate. However, because of the white surface the contrast is not as high as with the stock black surface.
If you feel that you can't live with it then just send it back for a refund.
Sorry.

·
Mountaineer
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
ndfspd said:
Easy install????
You have to disassemble your gauge, remove the needles and the stock face plate. Then install the new one and reinstall the needles.
The border of the sheet metal that encloses the speedo has to be bent open. That's the hardest thing to do.

·
Premium Member
10,801 Posts
Anything for an "R", Slasher?

·
Premium Member
10,801 Posts
OK. Keep me in mind for a white one for an "R". Thanks!

·
Premium Member
811 Posts
chrome face plate

I'll take the chrome face plate,the one that reads 220 mph,as long as my led's show thru.I can even sent you the speedo for you to install for a little extra. Sorry I though that was 220 mph,not that metric crap.The 140 mph wouldn't get it
Slasher said:
Finally, I have finished my face plates and now I'm able to sell a few of them. I've made the face plates because I wanted a different one and the price to make them is almost the same if I make one or 20. Thus, I will sell a few (maybe 20) of them as promised for $50 (including shipping to you). Basically, that are my own costs.

The face plate consists of three layers:
1) A semi-transparent inner layer, which is flexible but very stable.
2) A black back layer to block unwanted light from the LEDs beneath.
3) The face plate that is also semi-transparent.

I have to glue the layers manually together. Because of that it is possible that there are very small imperfections like dust beneath the surface. You will notice it if you look very close to it but I doubt that you can see it when it is installed, even if you are very close. It is, however, visible on the back side of the face plate (see attached photos).

Anyway, I think the quality is very good and nearly perfect. I've already sold one to a forum member (Gbflex) and he's very happy with it. Just ask him. ;)

If you are interested, please send me a PM. Payment can be done by Paypal.
Please check also if they show the same details as your face plate and if the cut for the odometer has the correct size (24 mm x 6 mm).

Currently, I have the face plates with 140 mph and 220 km/h. The designs on the attached photos may vary. The design that I sell is visible on the white face plate (the first photo).

For more information see also
http://www.1130cc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=59099&highlight=face+plate

·
Mountaineer
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Bad Attitude said:
I'll take the chrome face plate,the one that reads 220 mph,as long as my led's show thru.I can even sent you the speedo for you to install for a little extra. Sorry I though that was 220 mph,not that metric crap.The 140 mph wouldn't get it
Hmmm...
I don't understand why you would want a face plate with 220 mph. It would show 120 mph when driving 70.

The LEDs show through. They might, however, be a little bit darker than with the stock face plate.

·
Registered
536 Posts
Slasher said:
Do you really see nothing at all during the day? Because I can see the 'N' in your picture, which is taken with a flash.
You should see it because the transparency is nearly the same as the stock face plate. However, because of the white surface the contrast is not as high as with the stock black surface.
If you feel that you can't live with it then just send it back for a refund.
Sorry.
Sorry for the delay, I solved the problem by cutting the top layer (white) out with a exacto knife for the turn signals and N. The picture I posted was taken in the dark which you could see fine but during the day no dice. I'm a happy camper!

1 - 20 of 32 Posts