Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Ride hard die hard
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm pretty dissapointed in the different types of exhaust that are out for the F. I don't understand why the aftermarket has not come out with a full exhaust that runs the same as the factory exhaust? does anyone know of a company that is willing to hear new ideas and possibly build a custom set? Not trying to rant, just seems weird.

·
Ride hard die hard
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Ok well has anyone done their own custom job? I plan on maybe cutting the stock right before where a slipon would go. Then have a shop weld up some 2.5 all the way back and run it under and infront of the rear tire. Like the old muslce car's used to be. I know they weren't really right in front of the tire but they were underneath the middle. Always liked that look. I plan on doing a photo shop to get a rough idea.

·
Ride hard die hard
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm at work so I used paint. I suck with paint and photoshop but I figured it would get the idea across( the routing, size would be bigger). You would still use the factory mount. Its not even really a custom idea, seen it on other bikes before. Just no one makes it for the F so thats why I said custom. Anyways we will see if my file attaching skills are up to par! Also It could run along the bottom of the frame (even) and then vear down before the stock mount. Then just mount up there. With one bolt. It would probably look better running along the frame. I plan on getting in touch with a guy back home who does car exhaust. Hopefully he can help me out. The only thing I don't know since I haven't seen my bike yet is where is the O2 sensor? I'm guessing toward the rear?

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts