Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered 5150
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
trick said:
I'm going to build my own pipe with the stock collector pipe and cut it down, buy a reducer cone from Summit and weld it to the collector, purchase a muffler too all for about 180.00. I'll post step by step pics when I'm done.
T~
Just got it finished with the custom exhaust the other day, also added some mid controls which make the bike handle way better, turning this thing into a West Coast Night Rod Special!

check pics out in my gallery.
T~http://www.1130cc.com/gallery/browseimages.php?do=member&imageuser=10586[/QUOTE]

·
Premium Member
3,923 Posts
i like it,nothing better than doing stuff yourself, if you have the skills.

·
Army spark jockey
3,091 Posts
nice mod, good craftsmenship

·
Registered
59 Posts
Exhaust/Mids

Nice job! Couple of Q's:

How tall are you? I am 6ft and have thought about the mids but don't want to be squatting on the bike.

Reach to the stock bars adequate?

Any exhaust clearance issues?

·
Registered
497 Posts
pipes

trick said:
Just got it finished with the custom exhaust the other day, also added some mid controls which make the bike handle way better, turning this thing into a West Coast Night Rod Special!

T~http://www.1130cc.com/gallery/browseimages.php?do=member&imageuser=10586
[/QUOTE]
That looks very nice man. I will like to meet you some time to see and listen to your set up.Going over the hill and back on 17 is my favorite ride. I know a guy that has a dx to with stock pipes. He likes my TH's but will love to check yours to some time. I was working in SC last week. Yesterday was a perfect day at the beach. After that we went to a friends party near the dealer. I live over the hill. Sat. we are riding with a big group to Hollister. You are welcome to join us. You will be the 3rd dx and 6th vrod if you do. Take care.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Mid Controlls

HI Trick, Have you any more photos of your mid controlls, do they mount off the two bolts on the bottom of the frame . thanks DAVE.

·
Registered 5150
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
LDORod said:
Nice job! Couple of Q's:

How tall are you? I am 6ft and have thought about the mids but don't want to be squatting on the bike.

Reach to the stock bars adequate?

Any exhaust clearance issues?
Hey LDORod, I'm 5'-8" And it felt a little squattish at first, but got used to it, I was riding an 06 and those mid controls are even further back.

The reach to stock bars is improved with this mid conversion kit.

I angled the exhaust pipe up as high as I could, yes there is a clearance issue, but it's not that bad, considering how low the DX sits to other Vs.

The Mid conversion kit is by Kosman, their product is good, but their instructions suck ass! if you are going to get it I suggest you allow your self plenty of time or get someone who's put one on to help.
T~

·
Registered 5150
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
That looks very nice man. I will like to meet you some time to see and listen to your set up.Going over the hill and back on 17 is my favorite ride. I know a guy that has a dx to with stock pipes. He likes my TH's but will love to check yours to some time. I was working in SC last week. Yesterday was a perfect day at the beach. After that we went to a friends party near the dealer. I live over the hill. Sat. we are riding with a big group to Hollister. You are welcome to join us. You will be the 3rd dx and 6th vrod if you do. Take care.[/QUOTE]

I'll be there, got business there, so I'll be there early Sat. Thanks for the invitation! Maybe we'll run into each other. Ride Safe!!
T~

·
Registered 5150
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
mattsmusic said:
Is that a Supertrapp?
Yes, It is a super trapp Muffler purchased from Summit. it is for a car,
so much cheaper when not associated to HD or any Motorcycle for that matter.
T~

·
Registered 5150
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
FIRE ONE said:
HI Trick, Have you any more photos of your mid controlls, do they mount off the two bolts on the bottom of the frame . thanks DAVE.
No that's it, I could take some closer detailed shots, if I have time I'll post em for Ya. Oh and yes they bolt right to the frame bolts.
T~

·
Registered
229 Posts
trick said:

T~http://www.1130cc.com/gallery/browseimages.php?do=member&imageuser=10586
[/QUOTE]

Hey Trick... I saw you last Sunday in your hometown. I was cruising with some buddies of mine (2 R1's and a GSXR1000).

I was shocked to see another DX.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts