Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
837 Posts
Im pretty sure theres a few people that have that.

One biggy is that if you clean up the rear end like that you need some air ride to drop that rear end to hug the hire, or it looks like a crotch rocket.

·
brett
9,338 Posts
love mine but wouldnt reley on these sigs by themselves ,at night perfect, but barely visable in direct sunlight from behind,i use these in conjunction with a heavy cycles tail light

·
durata membro
17,603 Posts
The products I use from CD are top of the line.I've met the owner and some of his sweet employees.Every time I see his store set up in Daytona at the race track,he has his VRSCX in front displaying some of the products that are installed on it.

·
Non-stop-rider
889 Posts
I've got that set up and love it. I don't agree with the day time visibility. They are pretty bright. The thing that I did differently though is that I built my own. I used the same LED strips but attached it to my dog's ass. It cost me $60, not $300.

Also, check your local motorcycle laws. I just got busted during state inspection for them not being far enough out from the center line of the bike. Other than that, I recommend em!

·
Registered
203 Posts
love mine but wouldnt reley on these sigs by themselves ,at night perfect, but barely visable in direct sunlight from behind,i use these in conjunction with a heavy cycles tail light
I've done the exact same thing. The instal was my first mod ever on any motorcycle. The only thing I did wrong at first was install them upside down. Other than that it was pretty average in terms of difficulty. And I am very happy with them.

·
Smokebomb King
5,211 Posts
I've got that set up and love it. I don't agree with the day time visibility. They are pretty bright.
I'm just going by what everyone that rides behind me tells me. Though mine are red, not amber, and in a smoked lens. I'm sure those factor in as well.

·
Brick in the wall
1,125 Posts
I have those in smoke with amber and sic-rod has em in smoke with red... in daylight you cant see them unless you are almost on top of them. Night time they are fine.

·
brett
9,338 Posts
I've got that set up and love it. I don't agree with the day time visibility. They are pretty bright. The thing that I did differently though is that I built my own. I used the same LED strips but attached it to my dog's ass. It cost me $60, not $300.

Also, check your local motorcycle laws. I just got busted during state inspection for them not being far enough out from the center line of the bike. Other than that, I recommend em!
we have a simular law here ,i wondered about blacking out maybe 1 cm of leds in the middle to give it the distance needed from the middle ,

·
Non-stop-rider
889 Posts
I'm just going by what everyone that rides behind me tells me. Though mine are red, not amber, and in a smoked lens. I'm sure those factor in as well.
Ahhh, that makes sense. Mine are amber and in a clear housing.

·
Non-stop-rider
889 Posts
we have a simular law here ,i wondered about blacking out maybe 1 cm of leds in the middle to give it the distance needed from the middle ,
I actually have about 2 inches blanked out between the two individual strips just to add a little separation. The trouble is that they aren't far enough away from the center line. Since they wrap around the fender, I can't go out anymore.

I'm just going to follow the inspector's advice. I'm putting the stock dogs ass on tonight, getting it re-inspected, then putting my LED's back on. :D

·
SJP↓My Horse↓
460 Posts
Im pretty sure theres a few people that have that.

One biggy is that if you clean up the rear end like that you need some air ride to drop that rear end to hug the hire, or it looks like a crotch rocket.
There are other ways to combat this other than lowering but yes, you can mess up the rear end if you just slap this on and don't think about the rear look.

·
SJP↓My Horse↓
460 Posts
What are the other ways Nalcyon?
I need to get a pic of my setup, I took a license plate bracket and trimmed the tabs to be able to move it up as high as I can in the fender. In Texas we have to have our inspection stickers visible from the back so I mounted it to one side of the plate mounte and used some pliars to curve the tag around to match the curve of the fender lip. It looks pretty good IMO. As to lowering it, I agree it helps out but I have to say that the DX's sit a little lower already and can get by with it. This picture is with a completely stock setup including 240. This is before I had the plate and inspection mounted and just strapped them to my back pack. I am going to figure out a "quick release" system for the plate and tag so I can run like this whenever I want. O what we do for vanity...

Also I will try to get a shot from the side so you can really see the space between tire and fender.

·
Life is great!
783 Posts
I have them in clear and visibility is fine day or nite (plus I love my naked fender) :)

·
Registered
7 Posts
I like the CD LEDs for the rear and front forks. My Issue is they really should double up on the amount of LEDs on these things. Some ppl get two for the front forks but that will cost around 400. Also not DOT approved and I get hassled by the man enough without giving him some more ammo.

I haven't seen any other signal lights that I like as much as these since they make the Vrod look more of a hybrid rather then using the leftover Harley parts bin for the signals.

Doesn't anyone think it would be ideal to add another row of LEDs to increase visibility?

-dx

1 - 18 of 18 Posts