Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 189 Posts

·
Nixxin D+E
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Prices will be $85 SHIPPED anywhere in the US. That is a derby cover with new polished stainless bolts. I currently offer the following finishes, contrast cut on Vivid Black, polished, or brushed. I can also do raw finish at a discount if you have other plans in mind.

Outside of us will be $80 + actual shipping cost... no funny business.

Since I can't be making more blanks when the machine is busy engraving, my process will be mostly engraving and creating toolpaths on weeknights, and machining blanks during the weekend. Each derby cover takes nearly 2 hours of machine work and about a half hour for finishing. I'm hoping to sub out some of the rough machining if demand warrants it.

Here is the process for ordering a custom engraved cover.

1. Send me an email to [email protected] with what you are looking for. If you can include an image of what you want, like clipart or simple image, that will save a lot of back and forth to find the right shape/position/design.

2. I will email you back a sample of what it will look like. If you like the design, I'll ask you for a $20 deposit to vector the design and set up the toolpaths.

3. When the toolpaths are complete, I will contact you back and let you know that I'm about to start engraving. Up until this point, you can back out and get your money back. If you say go ahead and engrave it, I keep the $20 even if you change your mind. I can't stay in business if I waste blanks and my time.

4. When the engraving is complete, I will email you a picture of the finished product and request the balance of the price.

5. Once payment has been received, you will receive tracking information and the cover will be shipped out within 24hrs.

I am only a guy with a hobby CNC working out of his garage. Please keep in mind that there MIGHT be machine marks, nicks, etc on parts of my product. That being said, none of the defects will be visible once installed... GUARANTEED. I am only saying this because I have a very critical eye and I want there to be complete transparency. There also will be no defects on the o-ring contact surfaces. I personally test every single derby cover on my bike to make sure that they fit.

Please contact me with your engraving ideas and we can put something together.

I look forward to working with you!!

Nick
Nixxin Design + Engraving
[email protected]

·
Registered
580 Posts
They gonna let you keep this one up, lol. Seems they don't want anyone to make parts for the vrod.

·
Nixxin D+E
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I just want to give a public thank you to my first customers. I have been working a lot of long nights and weekends trying to get this stuff down to a science. I have put blood(aluminum can be sharp), sweat, and tears into my product. Thank you for being patient as I make mistakes, and helping me get better at this. Enjoy your covers!!

Nick
[email protected]

·
Registered
580 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
I don't think mine could have turned out any better, it looks great! Nick stayed in touch with me the entire time and kept me up to date on everything going on with the part. He worked with me to get it right and he wasn't satisfied till I was satisfied. Great job.

·
Ain't got no legs
86 Posts
I can't wait until mine shows up. Nick made sure he got the design just right and that I was completely happy. The high res picture of the completed cover looks amazing and Nick has kept me informed every step of the way. I'll definitely be ordering more stuff when he starts making them!

·
Nixxin D+E
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Common universal size among all years?
Bump

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
I have searched derby covers and every company that makes them lists them as 2002-all years. I assume that someone would have caught on already if something suddenly changed. Even through the change from 1130 to 1250, there was no change in the cover.

·
Registered
183 Posts
I have searched derby covers and every company that makes them lists them as 2002-all years. I assume that someone would have caught on already if something suddenly changed. Even through the change from 1130 to 1250, there was no change in the cover.

I'm sure someone will be able to confirm this for us.
Are you able to post some pics of the completed covers ?
Thanks.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

1 - 20 of 189 Posts