Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello all,

I am trying to understand if the dashboard/speedometer/gauges that will go into the "tank cover" of customized v-rod is the same as provided from factory or it has a diffident shape (and therefore must be a custom one)...

see image for reference

Thank you

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
hello all,

I am trying to understand if the dashboard/speedometer/gauges that will go into the "tank cover" of customized v-rod is the same as provided from factory or it has a diffident shape (and therefore must be a custom one)...

see image for reference

Thank you
They are pretty much all made to accept the std factory cluster. Muscle cluster is slightly different around the tacho (as you can see on mine) but the cluster shape/size is still the same.
Speedo1.jpg

·
Registered
27 Posts
So a question for those who have done this mod. Will anything need to be moved underneath in order for the gauges to fit in the airbox space?

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
So a question for those who have done this mod. Will anything need to be moved underneath in order for the gauges to fit in the airbox space?
Depends on which cover you buy. Some will fit without any mods to the air filter. Others like the one above require a different top to the air filter and the shortening of one velocity stack.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Depends on which cover you buy. Some will fit without any mods to the air filter. Others like the one above require a different top to the air filter and the shortening of one velocity stack.
Thanks for the info. Are there other "current" alternatives to doing away with the stock clamshell set up? Feeling like changing it up a bit.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Thanks for this.

I was hoping to find something to replace the clamshell and still keep the stock gauges. Found photos of a few custom housing for the VROD gauges but they have been discontinued.

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
Thanks for this.

I was hoping to find something to replace the clamshell and still keep the stock gauges. Found photos of a few custom housing for the VROD gauges but they have been discontinued.
Maybe look to a VRSCB/Nightrod setup then, or a set of Muscle bars with the housing.

·
Registered
27 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
So...I decided to go with the DX instrument housing (Thanks Knut!).

Been looking for a 1" drag bar that will go with this setup in the specs of 30 inch width, 8-9 inch center width and no more than a 6 inch pull back , preferably pre-drilled for internal wiring but can't seem to be finding just the right one.

Any recommendations?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts