Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Non-stop-rider
889 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I love my anodized skins, but the rest of my bike is in need of change. This winter I am planning on pulling parts and powder coating them. I would love to see some pictures of guys who have a bit more customized bikes but with the original anodized skins on them. I have ideas of what I would like to do, but would like to compare them to others.

Any pictures would be greatly appreciated! My goal is to see what works and doesn't work, and try to do something different at the same time.

Thanks

-BBQ

·
Non-stop-rider
889 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I would love to do the frame, but that'll probably be a later project. I am envisioning a darker gray / carbon color to contrast against the skins.

·
Non-stop-rider
889 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That's hot. Just wish I had the cash to do the frame. I like the front end (sliders, triple clamps). That's my #1 priority especially since my sliders are pitted to hell. Instead of black I might do dark gray.

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
ya my triples are pooched also and my tubes the finish is gone on also.

That turbo bike is crazy!

·
durata membro
17,603 Posts
I too want to redo the frame.I'll most likely paint it myself instead of PC so I can keep on top of any scratches that will inevitably happen.Plus I can exact match the plastic parts that I changed to grey.I chose a mid 2000 Windstar color that is just a little darker than the factory color.
I've always liked a cranberry color for the skins and I think once I have a set in this color,the frame will match better.I'll keep the anodized skins and just swap around from time to time.
My lowers are chromed and still perfect.The tree clamps are still real nice too.I polish them quit often and they look almost chromed.
I think the radiator skins need to be chromed.I have a spare set I'm gonna send out.
This is what I think an 03 should look like.IMO,2 of the strongest areas that make the V-Rod are the solid wheels and the factory exhaust.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
My tree clamps are pitted underneath, them and my fork tubes have to be replaced/surfaced. Nice ride Al, I have a spare set of anniversary black/silver tins I swap from time to time with my annodized tins but every time I go back to the anno I say to my self *Damn I love these tins, why did i put the nasty anniversary ones one again?* lol

·
durata membro
17,603 Posts
My tree clamps are pitted underneath, them and my fork tubes have to be replaced/surfaced. Nice ride Al, I have a spare set of anniversary black/silver tins I swap from time to time with my annodized tins but every time I go back to the anno I say to my self *Damn I love these tins, why did i put the nasty anniversary ones one again?* lol
Thanks for the compliment.This motorcycle still does for me what it did the day I bought it.My wife tells me I look cool as hell on it.I like that!:notworth:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts