Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Feels like flying
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone recently bought an SE2 from a dealer? I am interested in knowing what they are going for now. I am sure it is a bit less than the MSRP that I paid last year for mine. Back in the market again.

·
Darren
2,007 Posts

·
I'd rather be riding
218 Posts
Falconfire said:
Has anyone recently bought an SE2 from a dealer? I am interested in knowing what they are going for now. I am sure it is a bit less than the MSRP that I paid last year for mine. Back in the market again.
What happened to yours?

·
Feels like flying
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ddavis said:
There are 9 on hdtrader.com Look here.
I am really interested in the actual final sales prices recently. I know what the ads are asking but I was hoping to gauge the "real" figures for the bike at a dealership.

·
Darren
2,007 Posts
Falconfire said:
I am really interested in the actual final sales prices recently. I know what the ads are asking but I was hoping to gauge the "real" figures for the bike at a dealership.
Well, I bought mine on Halloween of last year, and I gave 24,500 for it.

·
I'd rather be riding
218 Posts
I almost bought an 06 with 166 miles this month for 21,450. He was firm on that price and it sold quickly.

·
Feels like flying
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Out the door?

4stroker said:
I almost bought an 06 with 166 miles this month for 21,450. He was firm on that price and it sold quickly.
Was that price or out the door total?

·
Feels like flying
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
$21.5 - 22.5K sounds like pretty decent prices to me. Guess I'll see how much they want to sell the bike at the dealer near me. They still have it tagged at $26999.

·
REVOLUTION !!!
21,437 Posts
Falconfire said:
$21.5 - 22.5K sounds like pretty decent prices to me. Guess I'll see how much they want to sell the bike at the dealer near me. They still have it tagged at $26999.
Once the 08's hit the showroom floor shortly, you should be able to negotiate a good price on that 06 SE - even if it is New. :deal:

·
Feels like flying
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
stomper said:
Once the 08's hit the showroom floor shortly, you should be able to negotiate a good price on that 06 SE - even if it is New. :deal:
Yeah, especially since the 08's are suppose to all have the 1250 engine from what I have heard. Patience is not my strong point :surrender

·
Registered
3 Posts
2008's are on the website

Just wanted to confirm your rumor about the '08's having the 1250 engine, they do, all the new '08 models are listed on the Harley Website. Seems they only have 3 V-Rod models, VRSCAW, VRSCD, VRSCDX. All have 5 gallon tanks and optional ABS.

·
Registered
54 Posts
There is a whole other post on the slipper clutch. Basically it allows the clutch to slip on down shifts preventing engine braking, which may cause the back tire to lock up. It's mostly used by road racers where a locked up back tire means a crash when leaned over. I've never had one but some of my sport bike buddies really love theirs, I've never needed one on my CBR1000RR. :D

·
Registered
26 Posts
Falconfire said:
Bought mine last Dec, for 21800. called three dealers that had them, told them what i was a player for and about two weeks later my phone rang and bingo. Be patient you have the $$$ and they have a bike that is hard to sell or let me say they don't sell a lot of>>> Greg

1 - 20 of 38 Posts