Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Saw a thread here at one point that was discussing the fact that the stock map was set at 76 cu in, higher than actual.... Sound familiar? What was the conclusion - or was I mistaken?

My local Stealership is totally inept - had a SERT installed this spring and now my bike runs like shit. Will be doing adjustments myself now..

Thanks

·
Color me Gone
27,333 Posts
Thegeneral said:
Saw a thread here at one point that was discussing the fact that the stock map was set at 76 cu in, higher than actual.... Sound familiar? What was the conclusion - or was I mistaken?

My local Stealership is totally inept - had a SERT installed this spring and now my bike runs like shit. Will be doing adjustments myself now..

Thanks
I know with an RT you can set the ecm to think it is a 76ci engine and it will richen it up just a little I think.

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Max, I thought I saw a post that said it was set that way from the factory - trying to gather as much info as I can..

·
SNAFU
13,094 Posts
Thegeneral said:
Thanks Max, I thought I saw a post that said it was set that way from the factory - trying to gather as much info as I can..
No, it's not that way from the factory.

·
WHATEVER
3,739 Posts
I and a couple other guys have done this. For me it helps when I max out the VE tables in 69 CI, just gives more latitude. You can also change the injector size in the ecm to get a longer pulse width but be very cautious and be damn sure you know what you are doing.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts