Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Installed this last year in place of that stupid star wheel and what a difference! Absolutely love this thing! You do have to drill and tap the hole after you get the old star wheel out but they also have a jig that they sell and sometime throw in when they are running a special that makes it a breeze! I think they have offers on Facebook as well.

https://mycruisemate.com/index.html

·
Premium Member
2,967 Posts
I've had one for a couple years - works great, only negative I see is if the throttle tube to handlebar is a little loose or the lock tip gets worn from use the lever has to be pushed far forward to lock effectively. This causes you to have to fight a little to get in front of the lever with your finger to disengage it. There is adjustment on it but it's not enough to compensate. Even with the glitch though it's 1000 times better than that useless H-D OEM " thumbwheel "

·
F2NV
1,786 Posts

·
Registered
5,903 Posts
Geographic location determines how good it really is. I found by the time you spend moving the throttle to hold a set speed, might as well not have one. We have hills here and without an electronic means to control speed, they are pretty much useless. Only time I use the star now is to lock throttles open to check TB shafts for cracking.
Ron

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.