1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Will Work For Mod $$
2,866 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Jay Johnston
1,732 Posts
The rule that they didn't mention that makes this a bit easier is, if the crows foot is 90 degrees to the handle then the torque value is whatever you have set. So my rule is always try to put it at 90 degrees!

·
Will Work For Mod $$
2,866 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Shadow11 said:
The rule that they didn't mention that makes this a bit easier is, if the crows foot is 90 degrees to the handle then the torque value is whatever you have set. So my rule is always try to put it at 90 degrees!
I know about the 90 degree deal but I thought this might help others and be maybe more precise.

Maybe you can draw a nut with the crows foot positioned at the 90 degree mark and post it so everyone can see the correct position. I'm having a brain freeze right now and can't picture it. Old age I guess!!!

·
Premium Member
6,248 Posts
mustanggt said:
I know about the 90 degree deal but I thought this might help others and be maybe more precise.

Maybe you can draw a nut with the crows foot positioned at the 90 degree mark and post it so everyone can see the correct position. I'm having a brain freeze right now and can't picture it. Old age I guess!!!
Here's a quick mock-up that might help.

Attachments

·
Will Work For Mod $$
2,866 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Good Job.....

·
Registered
2,746 Posts
A standard crowsfoot wont make much difference, its the 2" and longer torque adapters that require the mathematical equation given they are not at the 90 degree position.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts