Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone done the following and is it possible(headlight that is)

- drag bars
- airbox with v-gauge integrated
- mini turn signals on the forks
- headlight from another model vrsc (the smaller one that is a light only and mounts lower than the dx?

This would really clean up the front end, Im going for more of a streetfighter look. So no gauges, drag bars and a low slung headlight might do the trick... no?

·
Registered
92 Posts
Remove the headlight shroud

I've removed the headlight shroud and installed small leather pouch above it to hold glasses, wallet, etc... headlight is small though... I've been trying to figure out if I want to add running lights on each side? Its kinda hard though cause the bike is always moving... can't ride enough... I will post pics after the 4th as I am working until then.

·
Dark Knight
1,505 Posts
07DX said:
Has anyone done the following and is it possible(headlight that is)

- drag bars
- airbox with v-gauge integrated
- mini turn signals on the forks
- headlight from another model vrsc (the smaller one that is a light only and mounts lower than the dx?

This would really clean up the front end, Im going for more of a streetfighter look. So no gauges, drag bars and a low slung headlight might do the trick... no?
I just put X Bars on the DX. Simple swap. You can also get the Drag Specialties signal relocation kit and put smaller stalks on either the upper or lower clamp on the forks. I believe you can get an airbox from JE Illusions that has the integrated V-Guage mount. As for the headlight, I've seen quite a few DX's on the site that have swapped out the DX headlight for the D headlight. The main headlight bracket is the same on all of the bikes.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I am thinking of retro fitting a projector light into the housing. i will keep you all update, as it wont be till next year till i get to the project.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Dak,

Looks awesome! Are the parts you listed ALL thats needed?

Thats exactly the look im going for, only minus the stalk and lights and whatnot... diggin it!!!!!!!!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts