Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So now that my 07 denim dx is totaled I need a new one. I was thinking about a denim 08 and I wanted the abs and slipper clutch. I understand the abs but I don't quite understand the slipper clutch. Does it come with all 08? Does it simply make the clutch easier and faster etc?

Thanks

·
Registered
848 Posts
My understanding is that the slipper clutch comes stock on all 08 VRODs

·
Premium Member
4,061 Posts
this type of clutch comes on many sport bikes...HD boasts that is is the lightest FEELING clutch lever they have ever built..so that is awesome....

and also,from what I understand it "SLIPS" upon heavy downshifting,so the rear tire doesnt tend to LOCK up under heavy DS and loading....like those super bike races when they gotta haul down from 100+mph quickly!...

basically its a fantastic upgrade,along with a 1250cc motor,and several other small upgrades,making the extra 200 dollars on MSRP one heck of a deal!.

I hear the ABS works flawless too and is worth every penny!

Dan

·
Comfortably numb!
1,968 Posts
:them: on the slipper clutch. My understanding is it can be put into the older models too.

Let us know how you like the ABS and slipper clutch, and if you can tell the diff on the 1250cc :)

·
Registered
55 Posts
I have the 08....the clutch is so light and quick....only problem is when trying another bike afterwards their clutch feels like hard work!......its a great addition!

I never had a 1130, having previously owned a Fatboy for years, but this 1250 engine is superb, I stuck on a set of tab pipes and a 260 from virtually new and I cant get enough of this bike.......Not had that feeling for a bike in a good while!

·
Registered
171 Posts
NOS DAN....you are dead on with your info....the same thing I tell my customers when they are looking to get a new 08 vrod.......I sell the bikes and am about the only knowledgeable sales guy in the store on vrods. I wish I had waited until 08......it is a great improvement over the 07......the couple a bucks more for the improvements HD made is well worth it.......

·
Premium Member
4,061 Posts
RaderDX said:
NOS DAN....you are dead on with your info....the same thing I tell my customers when they are looking to get a new 08 vrod.......I sell the bikes and am about the only knowledgeable sales guy in the store on vrods. I wish I had waited until 08......it is a great improvement over the 07......the couple a bucks more for the improvements HD made is well worth it.......

WOW,i wish we has ONE person in ALL of our local dealers who knew anything about the vrods...its truly unbelievable to me how UN-Informed these salesmen around these parts are!...

Im always the one telling them about their bikes it seems!..hehe.

great info on these new 08s!...wish mine would arrive!!..lol

Dan

1 - 7 of 7 Posts