Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i am in need of help i crashed my 2010 nrs luckly it was only at a about 15 miles and hour so the only damage is where the peg shifter assembly mounts to the frame the weld broke, it looks like that piece of the frame unbolts and i can bolt a new piece in. my question is how hard is this ? and where is a good place to buy these piece i am on bike bandit.com and they only list up to 2008 with that piece be the same ? thank you

·
Just a big ole Doof
919 Posts
I experienced the same thing back in May and had no problems finding a fab shop to re weld the peg/forward control receptacle back to the stock position. It can be repaired or you can purchase a new lower frame rail at the dealer for say $300, go through Biker bandit for a hair over $200 or do a re weld for around $20. I recommend the repair action for $20.

·
Premium Member
1,002 Posts
chicagoharley.com is where i get my parts, but there are others. Just have to type in the part #, 20% off every day.
As for replacing it..... at best a 3 out of ten. Get the service manual from the stealer for your bike as this will help most of all. Sorry the bike was layed down.

·
Just a big ole Doof
919 Posts
Is the bent frame on the break side or the shifter side? The break side is easy, the shifter side is a bit tricky due to having to remove the kickstand.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
where would i find the part number ?

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
its the shifter side is it a b i tch because u have to put the bike on a stand ? i have a motorcycle jack

·
Just a big ole Doof
919 Posts
edited

·
Just a big ole Doof
919 Posts
its the shifter side is it a b i teach because u have to put the bike on a stand ? i have a motorcycle jack
Tell me about it! I had to end up leaning the bike over and strapping it to a set of built-in shelves and the right side handle bar for support. The stand would not support the bike because of the missing frame piece.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i appreciate the part numbers but when i search them on chicagoharley nothing comes up

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
oh yeah duh i didnt think about that no where to life the bike because the frame is out

·
Just a big ole Doof
919 Posts
i appreciate the part numbers but when i search them on chicagoharley nothing comes up
You might want to call Biker Bandit tomorrow and check stock.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
what if i strap the bike down like i am trailering it ? will this put to much stress on the frame make it to hard to unbolt ?

·
K.I.A. '07 AW
10,908 Posts
many folks been re-welding that for years with great success. Capngeo comes to mind.

The frame rail will be on back order, so be prepared to miss what's left of the riding season and some of next years as well. Order new, reweld now, replace when new comes in around March 2011

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
thats just black paint right not powder coating so after the weld i can just paint it ?

·
Premium Member
6,248 Posts
The HD part #'s above are in bold letters and Chicago HD might not have stock for these part numbers. You might want to call Biker Bandit tomorrow and check stock.
The numbers you posted are Bike Bandit part numbers, not HD part numbers and won’t help if you want to order from a HD dealer. The 2010 NRS uses black frame lowers and the part numbers are:
47987-07BK; black left side frame leg (shift lever side); MSRP: $252
47988-08BK; black right side frame leg (brake pedal side); MSRP: $252

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
thanks all you guys for the help, i am going to pull it apart this afternoon and contact a welder hopfully that will get me up and runnin if this piece is on back order then i can just replace it once its available

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
Did the reweld thing too. One thing to make sure is that the rail itself is not bent and also that if it came completely off, make sure it has the right angle when rewelded. Mine is off by a hair...

-Keith

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
i really appreciate everyones help, makeing a bad situation better for me

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
anyone happen to have HD part numbers for the left hand rad shroud and the turn signal cover ? thanks

1 - 20 of 23 Posts