Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
976 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got my renewal notice form Riders Choice .It`s the same as lat year $1135 .Same as last year with half the benefits .Thanks Dalton !

We are being seriously screwed in Ontario for insurance .

·
INCONCEIVABLE!
1,529 Posts
I use The Personal (they do my house, cars and bike) ... I get full coverage on the bike for $1000 (that includes a discount because of the house and cars)

It's still too expensive, but in Ontario I guess it's semi-reasonable

Good luck ... most companies don't even want bikes and most of the bigger companies that will insure them insist that they insure everything else you need a policy on

·
Registered
976 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Do they have Geico up north. If so look into it. I only pay 256.00 per year full everything!
I don't think you could insure a 50cc moped in ontario for that .

·
Registered
534 Posts
Not to sound dumb, but how many months do you really get to ride up North. It just doesn't make much sense. Are the speed limits higher or maybe mostly always highway speeds. It seems like there would be many beautiful side roads to ride on in June and July.

·
Premium Member
1,494 Posts
Not to sound dumb, but how many months do you really get to ride up North. It just doesn't make much sense. Are the speed limits higher or maybe mostly always highway speeds. It seems like there would be many beautiful side roads to ride on in June and July.
we ride from usually may till end of october , or at least that is when it is good , there are some wingdings in my city driving stuff all winter with the snow

·
Registered
534 Posts
It must be the wingdings that drive up the rates. You know more accidents for companies to pay out on, and every one's rates go up! Its like when Katrina blew through New Orleans and my rates went up in PA. Good old State Farm!!

·
Banned
837 Posts
I ride from April 1 to Nov. 30; depending on snow.
We pay through the nose on everything here in ON; but we've got real good health insurance.

·
Registered
976 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I ride from April 1 to Nov. 30; depending on snow.
We pay through the nose on everything here in ON; but we've got real good health insurance.
I hope you are being sarcastic . WhAt ever health care we have we pay for with high taxes .

·
Registered
534 Posts
Yeah, its because they want to keep you around longer to milk more money out of you! LOL Its the same here in the states, if its fun, they tax the Shyt out of it or make sure only their big companies sell it that give kickbacks. Oh wait, I better stop in case they think I'm a defector! LOL

·
Banned
837 Posts
Not sarcastic, realistic. I did say we pay through the nose for everything; and that includes the rediculous taxes, both product & property, we pay on everything (cept maybe weed 'n hookers!)
I had to get a double by-pass and was quite happy to be covered as I have no med. insurance through work.

·
Registered
534 Posts
I hope they did a good job on your operation. Hope everything is okay. There are few to many of us sarcastic people in the whole! LOL PFDMGD needs to go for a ride and relax a bit or you'll get stir crazy like the rest of us looking at our VRSCR's shivering in the garage!!

·
Banned
837 Posts
They did a fine job, thanks. I've got my breastbone wired up in titanium. I did request black titanium to match the bike but they had no comment and besides, I'll never see it.
PFDMGD and the rest of us up here won't be riding anywhere soon; we're just sittin around lookin at all that snow and dreaming!

·
Registered
534 Posts
Are we going to find out if PFDMGD found a better rate or this thread coming to a grinding stop? On the bright side, I shoveled snow to get to the garage and started the "R" today. Going to be in the 50-55 range Thursday and Friday and that's riding weather in PA. Started her up and 3 neighbors came out to chat and I only have drilled exhaust!! She runs like a bear when its cold!! Me likey!!

·
Registered
976 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I`m waiting to have a morning off to call a few companies here in Ontario .

Does anyone know if my car insurance medical benefits cover me on the bike ? They way it sounds like I have to buy the same insurance twice .

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
It's no secret we get ****in ass raped in Canada when it comes to cost. It's obvious that insurance is part of the ass rape just like everything else. I'd rather pay my own healthcare than contribute taxes so people who aren't even citizens of this country are getting operations for free.

If I had a choice I wouldn't live here, thankfully my job is pretty good, so I gotta duke it out :p

Also, all you US bastards, LUCKY!

I still remember when I was buying my bike, I was 24 at the time. I called for an insurance quote and was told $ 4700 ROFL. I called around the US Buffalo area just for jokes to compare prices, and got quotes from $ 200-500 per year for similar coverage.

My dad is 54 years old, he's been riding for most of his life, no accidents, AZ license, truck instructor. He rides a 1984 Honda Sabre V65 and STILL pays $ 700 a year!!!

They rape us here because they can, and know that no one will do anything about it. It's like that with gas, internet, cell phones, hydro. For being the 2nd biggest country in the world, massive natural resources, with a population equal to Tokyo, we should all be living like ****in kings up here.

If anyone wants to sponsor me so I can come to the US, give me a shout :p

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
Plus, I understand a possibly higher price for insurance in the GTA area because we have an extreme amount of dumb bastards who can't drive, but why are guys paying nearly the same prices when they live in the middle of no where. I was calling around for quotes with addresses from the woods and getting almost the same.

Also, that safety certificate you get from graduating a college safety motorcycle M2 exit course is bull shit. It doesn't lower your rates. Having your full M for 2 years also doesn't lower your rates. If you talk to the insurance companies though, they will tell you that your rates will fall by having both of those factors. BS.

Does anyone know what the policy is when it comes to insuring a bike as "vintage"? I heard rates are super cheap then.

·
Registered
976 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
More bull my car insurance went up 10% while benefits dropped .

Thanks again Lieberals .

I just don`t get how Ontario will survive from our high taxes,high insurance and crazy hydro prices .

1 - 20 of 46 Posts